Sunday, July 6, 2008

Happy 4th!!



The 4th of July is my favorite.. I love the music, the fireworks, the parade, bar-b-ques, being with my family, and most of all... it really does bring a sense of humility because of all blessings that come with living in such an AMAZING, FREE, LIMITLESS country. Every time I hear "I'm proud to be an American"...its almost like an immediate instinct to tear up... jump to my feet... and sing as loud and proud as possible.. you know what I mean don't you!!??? Everyone can probably distictly remember where they where when they heard about 9-11. That memory is so vivid to me and has really changed my perspective in so many aspects of my life. I was taking the two kids I use to nanny to school when 9-11 happened, and "I'm proud to be an American" came on while I was in the car, and I will never forget the way I felt as I cried the whole way home. What a TRAGETY, but in a sense it also has brought unity in so many ways within our country.

I can't help but think about all those families that were not complete this 4th of July as their loved ones are fighting for OUR freedom so selflessly. My heart and gratitude goes out to all those serving our country and to their families waiting for them to safely come home. I realize more every year that we are able to celebrate this great holiday because of great heros in the past, and our current heros that continue to risk their lives for our freedom. We are so blessed. I love this holiday more every year, and am so grateful I was able to spend it with the people I love with all my heart.


5 comments:

Hanna in the Hizzzouse.. said...

Beautifully written Kate. I loved reading all of the things you said about our country, and also all of the cute pics from the fourth and Lagoon! You really sound so happy, and that makes me happy for you! We really need to plan a dinner with the girls next time you are home!

Ryan & Amanda said...

I completely agree with your feelings and you look gorgeous in every picture!

Unknown said...

That was beautiful! I love the 4th of July, I love seeing everyone dressed in Red, White and Blue, and I love being with family!
And I am so jealous of your big stuffed animals- I always wanted to win one of those:)
And how fun that your mom went also- so fun!!!

C.B. said...

America is an amazing place to live. We are so blessed!

Amber said...

Hey Katie! I just wanted to say hello! I found you off of my sisters blog. How are things going? You look so cute and it looks like everything is great. Anyway, hope is all well for you and your family. see you later!