Tuesday, July 8, 2008

some sympathy please...


okay.. i'm bugged as all get out... and just be prepared because this is a VAIN... completely UN-IMPORTANT...and most defiently RIDICULOUS of me, but hear me out.
I've picked up my 2nd COLD for the summer season and I can't breath without making that disgusting girgle noise with my nose because of how plugged it is... anyway.. I was in Idaho Falls yesterday and needed to renew my drivers license... I went in thinking I could just use my same picture from a couple of years ago so I didn't worry about my ruby red nose I had just blown or my hair that was slicked back in a hidious pony... although I did have a headband in trying to cover most of the hair-ghetto-ness, and threw on a set of pretty cute earring if I may say so myself.
So I get there and the white-haired lady lays the news on me... she tells me I CANNOT keep my old picture for my new license... immediately I'm FLAMEING inside as I remember seeing how I disgusting I looked in the rearview mirror on my way to the courthouse... Keep in mind, My patience are shot from being sick and achy, but honestly the fumes were probably mostly coming from knowing I looked like a homeless drug-addict and had to get my picture taken. Yeah.. I know its just a drivers license picture, but what other picture do you show of yourself more than a drivers license... especially when you like to shop like I do.
HOLD ON>>>> IT GETS WORSE.... so I reluctently get up to the not-so-friendly"picture lady" and she says "YOUR GOING TO HAVE TO TAKE OUT THAT HAIRBAND AND TAKE OFF THOSE EARRINGS".... what???????? so you know it... I had no choice but to force a smile with my matted grease-ball hair, fire-engine red nose, and earring-less ears.. and don't worry I renewed my license for the FULL 8 YEARS!! The vain part of me.. which I'm not proud to admit can tend to be a big portion of me at times... makes me want to pay the $10 fee and go get a replacement... but stand tall and be proud of me because I'm going to eat it and make this strenghten my character Ü I'm lame.. I know.. but no earrings in a license picture.. what is the world coming to?

19 comments:

Mike,Shar,Ryan,Rex said...

Katie don't complain don't you remember my license picture! I remember the whole office laughed when they saw it!

Bon said...

I don't think even when I have looked decent that any of my pic's have turned out! I swear they have a "let me make you look hideous" lens that they pull out! HA! But actually you look cute!

Erin said...

HILARIOUS.
And, I'm sure you look just fine. In case you hadn't noticed... a sick, red-nosed, greasy-haired version of you is a heck of a lot cuter than about 90% of all other women on their best day!

C.B. said...

You make me laugh! I agree, what is this world coming to when you cant wear earrings for a license picture! It could have been worse though instead of a red nose some boogers could have been hanging out. But honestly, you are one of those girls that makes other girls jealous cause you look good no matter what. So I bet your pic looks just fine.

Holly said...

I TOTALLY have sympathy Kate... because I just renewed mine as well... for the good old 8 freakin' years... and I also HATE my pic. Grrr..... Although, the lady that took my pic, didn't make me take my earrings out... what the heck?!

Court and Brade said...

Why in the world did they make you take your earrings and headband out?? That is crazy... on those bad days, sometimes the jewels and the headbands are all we have to try to make ourselves look like we got ready! ha ha that post made me laugh though. Looks like you guys are having a fun summer! And FYI, I love lagoon cause it's the closest thing we have to six flags (even though it doesn't compare)

SueAnn said...

Cute blog! I really have a hard time believing that YOU could take a bad picture at all! Those people at the DMV need a little nicer people skills!

Unknown said...

I think that the DMV people have to take a class on being mean and grouchy! I have never met one that actually smiles!
Well at least there are no green clifhangers, and I don't think that people actually look at the pictures- and if they do you won't see them again anyway :)

VicandNanc said...

Oh Kate! You can still make me laugh! You tell a story SO well! I am very sympathetic to you because I too am vain in that way! I remember my family making fun of me for getting ready before I got mine renewed... but if it makes you feel better your nose doesn't look red to me & because you have curly hair you can get away with the messy pulled up look & you still look great!

Andrea said...

look how cute you are!!! Its andrea rapp/paulsen now! I found you on calises! You and your hubby are adorable! Send me an email at mspiggy381@hotmail.com and I will add you to my blog so that you can check it out!

Chelsi said...

Crazy Kate! I love you soo much! This sounds like a Katie moment. I would be upset too, but I can just picture you...

Unknown said...

Hi Kate...of course I remember you...and that is because of how stinkin beautiful you are! So funny because your post is hilarious and I too understand I am like in a formal dress for my DL picture...hahaha no but I totally understand and also confused they made you take out the accessories?!!?? Anyway you have to look good doing anything is my motto, ever notice the make up and orange bow while playing basketball...exactly my point:) Well I am so glad you said hi...are you still in Pocatello? Let me know I am always trying to find friends in this city...well talk to you soon. Brandi

Unknown said...

Hi! I'm so sorry to hear about your driver's license mayhem!! I would react the same way, let me tell you. You should see mine, it's terrible! I'm glad you guys have a blog, it's fun to keep up with old friends. I hope you guys are doing well!

Judy said...

Kate, You would look adorable in a gunny sack!!!!!! You are beautiful!!!Even with a red nose. We spent yesterday in Provo looking for jobs. 6 weeks and they will fly the nest. You guys will have to get together and then blog it so I can see the fun!!!!!!!!! I will miss them so much. I sure love you and appreciate your comments on my blog!

SueAnn said...

So I know that I already made a comment, but I was relating your story to my friend Amberlee and she reminded me of a story I must have block out...you will soon know why. I had to go get my license renewed because it expired the next day and I had JUST come from the dentist getting cavities filled and half of my mouth was numb! I am sure with all your dental experience you can just picture how retarded I looked!!

Shaunie said...

Love your picture...Promise! How are you doing? You guys look so cute. Oh, and you can copy cat the name Ava, I promise I don't care...We need cute 'Ava's' around :)

Meradith said...

haha i would have been raging as well... but girl you know you can't look bad if you tried! you are always stunning. (don't you hate when people say stuff like that? even if they are being truthful and sincere as I am being??) I will need to show you the pic on my seven peaks pass (I know, who has one of those? me. don't worry) I seriously look like a cracked out white trash hooker! not kidding.

Ashley and Paul Giddings said...

Kate...you are too funny. And you still look adorable, as always, even without the headband and earrings. But I really cannot believe they had you take them off...must be an Idaho thing. So on another note... are you surviving the summer? We just moved to Texas- San Antonio to be exact- and so far I am loving it here!

Emily said...

breath. you are hilarious. unless you are planning to commit any crimes, no one will see you picture... i look like a bird in mine, so there.