Thursday, June 12, 2008

Shower time

My mom, me, and a few family friends threw Lace a bridal shower and had a blast. She got tons of fun stuff... and I had so much fun with a few crafts I made for the mother-to-be.


This is a "diaper wreath"... I'm sure most of you have seen this idea or have done it yourselfs, but it was a first to me and I had so much fun making it!! Jeremy helped me with it a little, but mostly helped me by reassuring me it was getting cuter and cuter as I asked him how cute it was after each diaper or object was added! Lace loved it, but probably not near as much as I loved making it. Some things I attached after wrapping diapers all around the wire wreath with ribbon were: spoons, wipes, binkis, wash cloths, rattles, chew toys, fingernail clippers, baby lotion/powder, baby sunscreen, shoes, bibs, and a fewother odds and ends...


Isn't she cute!!!!!!! love you lace



Look at those shoes! Can you stand it?!



The shower was more like an open house and a light luncheon.

As you can see below, Lace had her baby a couple weeks ago. Baby Keaton is the greatest thing in the world. Lace and Jared are just lov'n life as a new little family!

12 comments:

Bon said...

Awesome...I am sure Lacie is a great mother ! She is lucky to have such wonderful sisters!!

Trisha said...

I must admit that was the cutest wreath I have ever seen. I've heard of them but had never seen one made. You did a good job. And can I also say how did you survive SC last summer? It is so HOT over here.

Walters Family said...

KATE!
good to see you ol friend! your beutiful! I love your hair cut! where are you these days? keep us in touch! LOVES!

Jessica said...

The wreath turned out so cute!

C.B. said...

I have seen diaper cakes...but I have never seen a diaper wreath. That is pretty dang cute!

Jenn said...

look at you miss domesticated! Cute wreath. How do you have all these cute babies around you and not have baby fever!

Holly said...

Hey Miss Craft Kate! The wreath is darling!! I bet Lace loved it! I'm game for the move in! What does Jermey think about it?? :) haha. I love you Kate!

Mike,Shar,Ryan,Rex said...

That wreath is so cute! The baby shower for whit was fun, we missed you though, but I bet you had fun in California. I can't post on whits blog either, that blog is old and she hasn't posted anything forever, but she said she would start updating as soon as the baby comes.

Unknown said...

KATE!!! How are you? First of all, I love the Diaper wreath- I will have to try that! 2nd your hair is way cute, 3- your wedding pics are gorgeous! I love your dress, and your sister's dresses and the poses are so different from the normal - too cute!! and last, it is good to "see" you! This blogging world is great! :)

Emily said...

it looks like you can give an awesome party! Maya is so cute! Good job on the wreath, Martha.

The Alspach's said...

Hey!! Good to talk to ya! How are things in Utah?? Summers going good out here in Cali.. I am starting to get just a little bit bored trying to keep myself entertained all day out here! What have you been up to are you selling I heard you were going to give it a try.. Wish I wasn't to scared to! Can't wait till the summers over we are all on the cruise hanging out.. someday right!

Meradith said...

Yo Kat! That wreath is awesome! I have never seen one before, way impressive. I'm glad to hear Jeremy helped you out a bit with it. :)How are you? How is the teeth industry? I need to see you, you're so close! Let's plan a little sumpin sumpin soon. PS I love the Care bear Mer.. you are ever so clever!