Thursday, June 12, 2008

Florida to see the Burtenshaws!!

I went to Florida last month to see my sister, Natalie, and her family and her new tiny sweet "miss Maya", I tell Nat every time I see her that I would take her family as my own and be completely happy and satisfied with life! I love her and her "little friends" so so much. Jeremy couldn't go with me this time because he was busy finishing up school and getting his office ready for the summer, but he is actually the one that got me the ticket and let me leave him for a week... something he said he will never do again.. being away from each other for a week was harder than we thought it would be! But I had a BLAST.. so thanks sweetie!!

Nat and John are always up for all kinds of adventures when we go to visit, you would think that a month after having a baby that Nat would want to stay in and rest a bit, but heck no... we were on the go non-stop!! A couple of these pictures are Nat and I on an AIRBOAT RIDE! Coolest thing ever! I have wanted to do this so bad the last couple times I have been to Florida, and Nat made sure I was able to see some naughty gators this go-round!! I must admit, I have a slight obession with aligators and crocodiles, I think its because I tend to watch the Animal Planet from time to time and seem to always catch the episodes when humans are being eaten/attacked, it freaks me out.. but at the same time makes me obsessed with wanting to see them and learn more about them... I know.. pretty lame. It was one of the coolest things I've ever done!! We saw a handful of gators, and a few baby ones that were actually pretty darn cute! We also saw some amazingly beautiful birds and a huge iguana.
We went to the beach a couple of times... and those of you who don't know my bro-in-law John, he has picked up a little modeling in his spare time, I was able to capture this amazingly natural pose of the model-to-be... hands off ladies... he's taken! You have to know John to appreciate that picture I'm afraid.
While at the beach, my nephews spent the day catching just about everything that has ever lived in the ocean and wanting me to hold everything they caught, there was quite a few little creatures I didn't dare touch... but there was one little friend I couldn't resist.


Love you Nat!! "very very .... much"



Just one of the many caught that day!!
Maya



This is me trying really hard to smile, even though I was getting the shiver-chills the whole time because of the gator just a few feet away in the water.. can you see his head???? Makes me itch just to think about it! It was awesome!


DANG.... He's too sexy for his shirt... to sexy it hurts!! Nat.. your one lucky lady! Your a moron John.. to say the least.


This little friend was caught by my nephew, Logan. Its
a blowfish! You can't believe how cute he was, I wish i
coule get a close up of him, this picture just doesn't do
him justice! And when they blow up... they get HUGE
and really spiky... its been so fun to be introduced to
a whole different world in Florida!

We couldn't be more excited they are coming home to live closer.. but we are going to miss going to see them! .... they keep saying that it is me and Jeremys turn to go somewhere fun so the family can come visit... WE WOULD LOVE TO.. and probably will.

1 comment:

C.B. said...

ya, i would totally freaked out if I had an alligator that close to me too.