Thursday, June 19, 2008

Anniversary Continued.....


Top picuture is last year at tower 19 in Newport, California right where we got engaged. The bottom picture is just a few days ago at the same tower for our 1 year anniversary.

So...I have the greatest husband ever.. let me explain.
Jeremy and I had our 1 year anniversary on June 16th. I honestly can't believe a year has already passed, its CRAZY!! I was debating for the last couple of months on what to get Jeremy for the big 1 year anny, and was struggling... and he came to me about a week before and told me not to get anything for him because he had something planned for the both of us for our anniversary. He did good about not telling me where we were going for a few hours, but broke down like he always does with "surprises" because he gets so excited like a little kid with things like this. He told me we were going on a "real quick" trip to Newport, California.... to go back were we got engaged last year. He couldn't miss work, so it was so fast... but it really didn't matter, it was absolutely perfect in every way. I can really say we had the most fun on this little get-a-way than any other we have been on. I have been thinking about the last year, and its amazing how much I have grown to love Jeremy more and more the longer we are married, people are right when they say... "IT JUST KEEPS GETTING BETTER" ... right when I think I couldn't love him more... I DO. And I know it will continue to be that way always.

And here are the highlights (more detailed than most of you are probably interested in)....


  • Jeremy pulled up at the airport in California, while I was waiting by the bags, in a convertable Mustang he rented for us.

  • Right from the airport Jeremy drove to a nail salon and told me I was getting a pedicure and my toenails done. (He RELUCTANTLY gave in and got his first pedicure with me, and actually loved it... minus them cutting his toenails so short they hurt the rest of the trip.)

  • Ate dinner on the beach next to the lifeguard tower we got engaged by last year. I posted a picture of last year right after we got engaged by the tower and a picture of last weekend by the same tower... ok... I'm a cheesehead, but it was the highlight for me to go to that same spot and to remember how fun it was.. and the best part of it all was thinking about when we got engaged and how much we were loving life, and now thinking about it and recoginizing we had no idea at that time how great everything really would turn out to be. make sense???

  • Drove to LA for a little site seeing... and of coarse... a little SHOPPING, more than Jeremy was probably up for. He is such a good sport.

  • Went to LA Dodgers stadium and actually got to play catch ON THE FIELD.. this was definetly the highlight of the trip for Jeremy. I occassionally question if he loves me as much as baseball combined with a juicy hotdog.

  • Rode a tandum bike on the beach

  • Ate at "Billys"... such a fun resturant in Newport... and watched the Lakers/Celtics game while we ate.

  • Went to see what kind of late-night partying we could do on the beach, but actually ended up trying to stay as far away from all the parties that we saw happening... we really are sheltered Idaho folk... and so glad we are!!

  • Pretty much lost our voices every time we would get into the car with the top down. Jeremy and I both have lived pretty low-key lives, so this was a first for both of us to ride in a convertable, and good heck did we think we were SWEEEEET. Just cruis'n ... singing with our horrible voices at the top of our lungs... one of our favorite songs that came on was "PLAY THAT FUNKY MUSIC WHITE BOY"... we turned into 16 year olds again and I'm sure no one could tell we were "out-of-towners".

... This really doesn't explain how great it was .... and I couldn't never explain how great my sweet husband is. I'm so lucky... and try real hard to convince him that he's pretty dang lucky too! I always pictured my 1 year anniversary to be huge and memorable.. but I never pictured it being this great.

.... Don't worry... I'm not always this corny, I promise this is the last time I will husk the corn this bad on my blog! You have my word!





8 comments:

Hanna in the Hizzzouse.. said...

You are so SPOILED!!! Man does Cali sound great right now! It sounds like you guys had so much fun, I can't believe it has been a year for you. Time really does fly! Can you believe that me and Chris will be celebrating our 6 yr anniversary? CRAZY huh!!!!!! What is even crazier than that is that we now have a five year old that will be going to kindergarten! Life is so much fun!

Celeste Tabakece said...

I am still laughing about Jeremy getting his toe-nails cut too short. Pretty funny.

Mike,Shar,Ryan,Rex said...

Katie I love you, You make me laugh, you say the funniest things. Who says "husk the corn" really. Only you can pull of that expression :)

jenna said...

um was this your anniversary or a date on the bachelor? i forget.

Ryan & Amanda said...

So cute!! I am so glad you guys got to go. It sounds so fun!!

Judy said...

Kate, That is the coolest thing ever!!!!! How cute is that!
I love your pictures. you are as beautiful as ever. I am so excited to be able to get on your blog. Hopefully I can see you when I come to Provo to see nicole and stacy. I am glad you are doing so good. Sure do love ya!

Unknown said...

Happy 1 year Anny to you Kate! What a good day to get married huh! I'm glad you're loving being married! I love it to! Sound like life couldn't be any better for you. I'm happy for you!

Trisha said...

Every girl that has read this is now yelling at there husband- you are so lucky. What a great idea he had. I'm sure you guys had an amazing time. And congrats on the anniversary.
(and can I just say SC is tooo HOT!!! Thank goodness I will be heading back to idaho in a couple weeks.)