Sunday, November 30, 2008

turkey weekend


umm... this is a long post.... sorry! 

What better than 1 thanksgiving dinner?????  
2 Thanksgiving dinners!!!!!

It was so great to be able to spend thanksgiving with both the "Huls" and the "Call" family this year.  Our families celebrated on different days.. so we got the both of best worlds! 
Turkey Day Huls Style:
Stuffed our faces of coarse, laughed all day, FLAG FOOTBALL (my dad was MVP!), tennis, played spades, topped off with more eating and BOND... James Bond.
Turkey Day Call Style:
Ate too much Fantabulous food, little bit-o-football, shot guns, played pictionary, ate so much candy/pie/popcorn I could heave thinking about the amount we ate... SO yummy though! And ended the night watching Polar Express~


It's funny... the older I get the more "moans" I make as I eat thanksgiving dinner.. the "mmmm... this is so so good"  moans from the food being so DELICIOUS!! I remember as a kid only liking one or two things on the whole table, but now I can't think of one of two things I don't like... better yet... LOVE!! I know I'm getting old because of a few times throughout the day after dinner thoughts came into my mind like ... "wow... those sure were fantastic yams!" or "Could that smoked turkey have been any more moist?"... you know what I'm saying don't you!!!   Love it!
It really was a great thanksgiving.. and speaking of getting older... the older I get the more I recognize how blessed I am personally and how blessed Jeremy and I are as a family.
  
While we were at the Calls' house, our nephew, ASHTON, had a great idea to surprise us with a "thankful celebration" (that's what he called it) after thanksgiving dinner.  He took the whole family outside by the lights and he had us sing, "We wish you a merry Christmas", and then he had everyone share one thing we were thankful for. He is only 5 years old!! I thought it was so cute he came up with this "thankful celebration" on his own and was so excited about it. Kids truly are perfect examples of how we should be in SOO many ways. 
I also wanted to wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving even though its late!! One of our MANY blessing is having all of you as our friends and family! Love you all!    
We also got to meet our newest nice KAMRYN.. she is PERFECT! I couldn't get enough of her, there is just something about those sweet new babies! I could tear up thinking about her sweet face right now. What miracles each and everyone of them are! 


Okay.. So I may loose my life by posting these pictures because I'm pretty sure Lacie is going to Kill me!!!! But I'm laughing just posting this right now! When I was explaining what the "Huls" did for thanksgiving and said we "laughed all day".... I was NOT exaggerating! Lacie and I sat and took idiotic pictures of ourselves for probably an hour. We were laughing so hard we were seriously crying between each picture!! It's really scary to see myself like this.. Lacie actually looks kinda cute as she is making moronic faces, but I really wouldn't blame any of you if you didn't want to be my friend after seeing me this way!  So please tell Lacie it's okay to see us this way!!!  Some say people try to make themselves look perfect and have their life seem perfect through their blog ( I'm not one that thinks that about anyone for the record!).... well, I think by sharing this with you I've proved I have no dignity! 
.... you would think this is all the pictures that we took because there is so many... but this is not even a 1/4 of them! It's okay... you can think what you are thinking because its true... we have completely lost our minds!  We were shopping the day after we did this and started laughing about something and both of us grabbed our stomachs in pain... our stomachs muscles were SHOT!! Best work out I've had in years! I love this girl and think she is pretty much the funniest person ever! ... we even got my sister-in-law JENNY to do one with us! Enjoy... and Lace... I love you!

10 comments:

Camille said...

I love the goofy faces! It reminds me of my family! Ever since we got Brinn in the family (my bro's wife), we do some crazy things. We each (ALL of us) went around doing the sickest faces on the camera, and then laughed our heads off looking at them...aaah. Simple pleasures! Life's great!

Unknown said...

Seriously, I have never seen so many funny faces, I had no idea there were so many ways you could contort you face, lol. I'm just kidding, they are so GREAT! Two dinners, I am jealous! It looks like the football game was a blast, I love playing around outside like that. You guys know how to celebrate Thanksgiving!!!

Bon said...

Oh looking at your Thanksgiving feast made me hungry. Looks like Divinity on Crack! Seriously....my tummy is growling!

I love the pictures of you and Lace! It is fun to see that other sisters like to act so silly like me and mine do!!

Hillary said...

I am so glad to see we are not the only crazy family that love food, being together and crazy faces. I know what you mean about those babies. I can't get enough of Luke. I will bring him by the office before xmas break.

Judy said...

So fun and as you get older, appreciate family more. I love the pictures. What is the web-sight that you do your pics on? Sure do love you!

SueAnn said...

Hi! We have matching blogs, what great taste you have! Thanks for the laugh...I love the funny pictures! Sisters are the greatest! Sounds like your Thanksgiving was amazing.

Hofhine Fam said...

Your pictures made me smile! You two are quiet the pair. I love it! Such a fun family you have!!

we live in South Jordan by the way. Where are you guys? In Utah I am assuming?

C.B. said...

You make me laugh! Awesome pics Kate! I'm glad you had a good thanksgiving.

The Bailey's said...

Thats my favorite thing about you Huls girls! You are sooo much fun! Hey Katie! it's Jodi I cant lie and say that I dont look at your blog from time to time! You and Jeremy are so cute, I love all your pictures! You are so fun!

Mandy said...

Marley walked in as I was looking at your cute faces and she said, "Hey look at those faces! Their angry and fuuuunny. Ha, ha, ha!"

I think it's great you and Lacie had a good time, and you both look so cute and goofy doing it. :)