Sunday, November 9, 2008

Open house, nephews, canker

I mentioned in an earlier post my mother-in-law, sister-in-law, and I were throwing Jeremy's sister a baby shower (it was actually just an OPEN HOUSE)... and that's what went down this weekend, and it turned out so great! LANAE is so excited for the little girl (KAMRYN ISABELLE WILLIAMS) to come, and so are all of us! She has 2 little boys, so this is her first girl.. and she says its her last child... but I'm going to do my best to persuade her into another one so we can have one together!! She is going to have the baby in 10 days! Doesn't she look amazing at 9 months pregnant!  

And here is the lady of the day with an armful of her stash from the open house.


Brooke (Jeremy's brothers wife), LaNae (Jeremy's sister), Me, Nancy (MIL)
I had such a great day with my Call GIRLS, we had this shower for LaNae, went to another baby shower, went to the cemetery to see Jeremy's grandma's grave, and went to a wedding.. not really sure how we fit everything all in that day.. but it was SO fun being with them! I'm so lucky to have such sweet people as in-laws... and friends. LOVE YOU GIRLS! 


What would a baby open house be without the fellas?? They showed up at the end to crash the party... okay, just to eat the left-overs!
Aaron (Jeremy's sisters' husband), Chase (Jeremy's bro), Lance (Jeremy's dad), Jeremy 

Me and Jeremy's cute cousins.. they are always so much help.. and so much fun to have around!!
Miranda, Mariah, Anniken

Okay so these pictures don't due the food justice.. maybe because I took them AFTER everyone had eaten instead of while the plates were organized and full.. you get the idea though.. my mother and sister-in-law did most of the food and did an amazing job!! 




My mom and dad are babysitting my nephews and my niece while my sister and bro-in-law are in MEXICO vacay-ing.... so I got to hang out with these crazy boys this weekend! We put them in charge of raking leaves.. and before they figured out it was a lot more work than it was play.. I got some cute pictures of them! Love these boys! 
Logan, Layton, Kaegon





I have to apologize to my family and to my in-laws for being the biggest BABY ever this weekend! Maybe the baby shower should have been for me, because I seriously was a BABY in every sense of the word! And I also want to thank them and Jeremy for letting me whine!
 I get canker sores ALL the time, but this one was a BEAST, the worse of ALL time. There was a couple of times I thought I may have to write my WILL and say my goodbyes to loved ones because of the pain that has come with this bugger! It was so swollen I couldn't shut my mouth, and got about an hour of sleep because of the throbbing/stinging pain. Well, if I haven't made you want to get up, get a smoothie for me and come rub my back I have not done my job! I'm feeling a lot better tonight, so don't bother coming tonight, and I'll hang onto my WILL and make sure to let you know if things change for the worst! More than anything I had to share this picture with you all. Hideous picture of me.. but HAVE YOU EVER seen one this big??? I'm sure you have, but say NO for my sake ;)  And if you finished reading all the way through this paragraph we truly are friends.. because don't think I don't know how LAME I am.  Hope you know me well enough to know I'm joking, and really don't want or need sympathy, just a laugh will please me more than anything! ;) 



20 comments:

Rach said...

Katie, you are hilarious! Hahaha... And I have to be honest - that IS the biggest canker sore I've ever seen. You get my sympathy!! OUCH!! You are too cute. I love reading your blog!

Camille said...

Oh my GOSH! Truly, I have never seen one that big! You poor baby-really!

Judy said...

THAT MADE ME SWEAR OUTLOUD!!!!!! THAT HURTS SO STINKIN BAD. I HAVE NEVER SEEN ONE THAT BIG. BLESS YOUR LITTLE HEART. What can I do, bring a meal? Hey.....thanks for helping set Cole up. She had fun and said he was cute. You are awsomme. It is so good for her to go out!!!!!!! Love you tons and tons!

Unknown said...

WOW, I have never seen one so big! The shower looked like a great time! I know exactly how your SIL feels, but I finally got my girl :)

SueAnn said...

I have NEVER seen a canker so big, it made me have sympathy pains just looking at it--- OUCH!! I would do some serious whining about that too! Sounds like a fun weekend!

Bon said...

Yowzer!! That puppy looks like it hurts! But it isn't the biggest one I have seen! HA!

You are so funny and I love reading your cute fun posts!!

Emily said...

Hey Kate, there is something on your lip. Like a marshmallow or something. hahaha!...... a-hahahahaha!

Jessica said...

Oh my goodness, you have my sympathy and a laugh Katie. That is the hugest canker sore of all time!! I'm so sorry.. those things hurt so bad!

crystal carlson said...

You guys did an awesome job on the baby shower--those refreshments looked YUMMY! That is a HUGE canker, you definitely have a right to complain about that!

C.B. said...

OUCH! I would be a baby about that too.

Erin said...

Oh! Poor Katie! That sucker is bigger than your fingernails! Ouch! Sorry. :(

Mike,Shar,Ryan,Rex said...

My Word! Seriously you poor thing! I have never seen a canker like that!

whit said...

UM OK that looks like it hurts!!! You have every reason to complain!.

Ashley said...

Good job on the baby shower! And seriously...OH my WORD! That was a really big canker sore!

JoJo said...

OUCH. Lacie used to take topical home from clinic to put on her "apthous ulcers". Ha.

Dustin and Rachel Clyde said...

OH my gosh! That thing is HUGE! I can share your pain, I always get massive canker sores as well. They are horrible!!!

Mandy said...

Dang girl! Sorry to hear about you bummed lip. Hope it stops throbbing soon.

Natalie♥ said...

Hello Katie! I love reading your blog. You are still as cute as ever. And I met your sister Natalie, she is actually my neighbor and I am her BAD visiting teacher! I need to get out more, I feel bad. And I have to say that is one very huge canker sore and I feel so bad for you. You have every right to cry over that one. Anyway I just thought I would say hi I made my blog private but if you would like an invite send your email address to keepchargin@msn.com

Unknown said...

Holy crap woman! That is so HUGE, seriously though, I'm not just saying that to give you the sympathy you are looking for, that is so huge! That looks like such a fun baby shower, you have a great family. I love the name Lanae picked, way cute!

Heidi Bitsch said...

Oh my goodness, I can see why that canker sore was causing you so much pain! OUCH! I love the new background by the way and the cute pictures of you and your hubby that you put at the top!