Wednesday, October 1, 2008

WHAT A WEEKEND!!

Jeremy & I took off for the weekend to
LOS ANGELES
!!
We had the most FANTABULOUS time!


This sunset was incredible




This slideshow shows most of our trip.. but you know me.. I have to go into a little bit (okay A LOT of bit) of detail.. so bare with me once again.

.... and this one is a long one.... so I won't feel bad if you don't read it. Blogging, to me, is sometimes just like a journal... and writing is therapy in a lot of ways... you agree?




The main reason we chose L.A. was to see the play WICKED... and let me tell you it WAS wicked.. ill .. phat ... crazy awesome Ü! If you haven't seen it yet its coming to Salt Lake this April.. so get it planned now.... it really is a MUST SEE!!
















Another thing that drew us to L.A. was, like I have mentioned a million times, Jeremy LOVES baseball and he wanted to see the Dodgers play, they weren't there this past weekend so Jeremy said he would settle for the Angles game..


so....Saturday night we were on our way to the game...and traffic in L.A. on a Saturday night is INSANE! By the time we got to the stadium we were already an hour and a half late to the game; still planning on going we were trying to find parking and saw a billboard that said


"SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE LIVE TOUR.. TONIGHT".... I FREAKED.. to say the least! Jeremy was actually more excited about it than I thought he would be and said we could try to get tickets last minute instead of going to the baseball game because we were already so late for it. LOVE THAT GUY! We got tickets!! Jeremy said it was more fun to watch me than it was to watch the show because I was screaming the whole time and couldn't stop smiling and got jiggy with it a little Ü. Anyone who knows me knows how crazy in love I am about dancing, even though I'm not good at all! But since the show started I've always wanted to see a "So you think you can dance" tour.. so it really was the truest treat ever Ü!






We also drove to HOLLYWOOD and got up really close to the Hollywood sign. It's funny how something that simple can be so exciting to see for the first time. I think its because we have seen it on T.V. a million times and in movies.. so it made us feel pretty dang sweet to see it up that close.. we're so lame Ü It was also so cool to see all the names of famous people on the stars on the sidewalks.




I have my own STAR!!!! Ü


... and one little last treat for you all..... Jeremy and I were walking around downtown Hollywood and guess who we saw.... KEVIN.... FROM THE OFFICE!!! I stared as long as I could before Jeremy told me I was on the Verge of being slightly stock-ish, creepy and rude Ü I tried to get a picture but it didn't turn out very well.. he as wearing a hat and glasses.. but we KNOW it was him.. he is pretty hard to miss, right?!!

Now for honestly the biggest highlight of the entire weekend...



I have started reading the book "The Peacegiver" by James L. Ferrell, a couple of times, and have loved it every time I have attempted to read it, but something has always come up and I never finished it. I took it on the trip with me this weekend and finished it. I wish I could put into words the feelings I had as I read this book. Just one of those moments that you're whole life, present and future, flash before you and the purpose and importance of this life are crystal clear and completely make sense. I'm sure we have all had many experiences like this.. if only we could make them last all day everyday to the extent we feel them right in that moment huh?!!

As I was reading this book it was like I couldn't read fast enough, my heart was pounding out of my chest, and my eyes were watered up through most of it. I guess the best way of explaining this experience was that the Spirit was truly teaching me so many things about my life and "reminding" me of things I should be putting more effort and energy into throughout my everyday life.

This books centers around a marriage that is on the rocks and teaches a lot about forgiveness and repentance... two things I could improve upon each day! It also teaches that the burden of holding grudges and the damage of thinking we DESERVE so much better than our current situation, is in reality the very feelings that hinder our own happiness, stunt our growth, and diminish our relationship with our Heavenly Father. The book reminds us to put these trials, temptations, and natural man tendencies in the Lord's hands because he has ALREADY taken them upon himself. The key is LEARNING how to let go of these things, and doing so by understanding the atonement more fully. I'm so grateful I don't "get what I deserve" (make more sense after you read it)... and I'm eternally grateful for the Savior's infinite atonement and the opportunity that allows me to try... learn from that trial...then try again after I fail over and over.

The book goes so far beyond just being able to apply it to marriages or relationships. It can apply to every aspect of life in one way or the other. Jeremy and I are both so blessed and we talk about that all the time, and we HONESTLY know that is because of nothing that we have done on our own, but because of the perfect love our Heavenly Father has for us and because of how happy and successful he wants us ALL to be.

Reading, learning, and "feeling" was the easy part... now if I can put those feelings and realizations into action! But I really do have a new motivation to try to do just that!

Read it if you haven't.. you will love it!




22 comments:

Lacie and Jared said...

O sweet SIS- it sounds like you guys had an amazing trip. YA- I am a little jealous! Miss you guys- love ya- lace

Judy said...

Kate! What a fun trip and thanks for sharing that book with us. i have read it, but it has been a long time. I am going to read it again. You are amazing and I am so blessed to have you in my life. Love ya kiddo!

Camille said...

You are too fun! Your enthusiasm jumps out of the computer and makes me happy! Ooh, I am definitely going to look into going to Wicked while it's in Utah. I've heard it's amazing!

SueAnn said...

I want to see Wicked!! It looks like you guys had so much fun. Peacegiver sounds so good, I really should read it!

Celeste Tabakece said...

Kate...I just love your blog and am so happy that you are doing and going on all of these fun adventures. You are the BEST EVER!

Ryan & Amanda said...

I am totally jealous! That sounds so fun! I also really want to read that book. Maybe I will take it on the cruise or something. Do they have it at Deseret Book or somewhere like that? Sounds really good!

Unknown said...

Oh my heck, SO JEALOUS! What an amazing trip! Could you have packed more fun in a single trip?!?! You guys should seriously consider modeling in a catalog for fun trips (or anything else for that matter), because you guys make it look goooood! What a BLAST!
P.S.
Oh and I absolutely love your swim suit

C.B. said...

Kevin from the office! I probably would have been a little stalkish too!

Mandy said...

LA!!! How fun! I so enjoy reading about your adventures. I swear I feel like I'm reading the book of Katie and Jerrod and I can't wait to hear the next chapter. So when you head off to Hawii, don't be affraid to squeeze me in your suitcase.

That book sounds incredible. Gave me chills just listening to you talk about it. My book list is SO high but I will surely add it to the list. Right now I'm reading 20 something, 20 everything. So far so good. I'll post about it once I've finished if I end up loving it.

Have a wonderful day sweetie!!!

Mandy said...

What I meant to say is that I feel like I'm reading the book of Katie and Jeremy. Dang it! I knew I had gotten his name wrong the first time. Sorry bout' that. Hee, hee.

Genessa said...

It looks like you guys had a great time. I love California. I never really got into that show until one day that is all Bridger wanted to watch. So I got caught up in one day. Thanks for sharing your thoughts about that book, it is so nice to be reminded. It is so easy to get caught up in the world. Thanks again

Bon said...

What awesome jammed packed Vaca! I am so Jealous! How fun!

I love that book too...it is one of my favorites. It really is a motivating book. His new one is wonderful as well! Have you ever read "Eve and the choice made in Eden"? Kate, you would love that one too if you like to read!

You are so beautiful!!

Jessica said...

Dustin and I drove to Canada last summer and I bought that book on tape to listen to on the way there. I agree, it was an amazing book. It's crazy how quickly we forget the feelings & ideas we had and how often we have to be reminded to do what the Lord would have us.

Looks like a fun trip. How awesome you got to go to "So you think you can dance"!! I would have loved that too!

Ashley and Paul Giddings said...

How fun!! LA is a lot of fun! You look beautiful as usual...and I love your purple bathing suit...where did you get it? ONE MORE WEEK left- we'll have to do another Northstar wife thing.

Rach said...

I can honestly say that I am SO JEALOUS of you right now! Wicked & So You Think You Can Dance? aughhhhh!! That is amazing!

Leah Stallings Fine Art Photography said...

Your trip looks like it was awesome!!! I am excited for Wicked to come to Salt Lake, I didn't know that it was but I have been wanting to see it sooooo bad! Are you and Jeremy back in school or have you finished already?

Holly said...

Kate, you are my BEST! I LOVE your blog well... you because you are your blog! :) Sounds like a FUN little trip! You were so close to Angie too! I want to see WIcked SOO bad, and I would die to see So you think you can dance! Ahhh!!! Let's just scream together now, because it's so much fun! I LOVE ya! Love that book too!!! I need to re-read it now again!

Chelsi said...

Love you sweet friend! I will see you soon when we come down for Gord's interview.... can't wait!

Neal and Angie said...

So fun! I want to go to WICKED so bad! I hope we get to before it closes in January. Looks like you guys fit in a lot of fun in a little amount of time! I bet So You Think You Can Dance was really fun! There is so much to do here! I love it! I also love the Peace Giver, I really think I need to go read it again!

Anonymous said...

Oh I am so jealous! I want to see Wicked so bad!!

Maxfield Family said...

It was great to hear from you. Sounds like you had a wonderful trip. What a nice husband to take you to "So you think you can Dance" instead of going to a baseball game. You guys are such a cute couple. I'm happy for you.

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, how fun!! I love it!! It reminds me of the trip I took to New York last summer with my family. We got to see Wicked while we were there - LOVED it! And we saw the Mets play in Queens so I can understand the joy of a live major league baseball game. You guys must have had an absolute blast! Good times! I love the pictures, so fun!