Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Love conference!

CONFERENCE IS WONDERFUL .. not much else I need to say! Such a blessing to have such great motivation and guidance from our leaders every 6 months. LOVE IT!

My mom came for the weekend.. and like I have mentioned before.. she is my very best friend. She is sincerely one of the sweetest and SELFLESS people in the entire world, and not to mention a HOOT to have around! I only hope I can be half the mom she has ALWAYS been to me and all my brothers and sisters. I love my family so much, and am so incredibly blessed.

Chase (Jeremy's brother),Brooke, Travis and Nicole stayed with us Friday night.. and we were lov'n it!! WE LOVE COMPANY!! They are the cutest couples and we hope they will come stay with us again DESPITE THE TRAIN that woke them and their babies up a few times .... and our CONCRETE guest bed (hope your back is healing Nicole Ü)... SORRY GUYS! We stayed up playing WII all night... I'm laughing out loud just thinking about those boys getting SO into it. I use to think the intensity of boys playing sports intramurals was bad.. the WII is a stiff competitor to intramurals! We love you guys!

My mom, Jeremy, and I met up with my brother and sister-in-law and their girls at Gardeners Village on Friday night, fun little place!!

And after the Sunday afternoon session, Jeremy and I took a drive through Provo canyon. It was BEAUTIFUL, but we only got out of the car by the waterfall for a second because it was freezing!




Yes.. its true.. we both look pretty ROUGH.. but come on.. it was conference weekend, right?!! We didn't get ready for a good 48 hours, we are lucky we even got out of our pajamas right before we left for the drive. Please just focus on the beautiful scenery Ü



13 comments:

Mike,Shar,Ryan,Rex said...

Conference weekend is the best, it always makes you feel good about life. I love fall the scenery is always so beautiful! Miss ya hope we can get together next time i'm down that way!

Christa Skousen said...

Kate thank you for your sweet sweet comment! What fun family pics! Isn't it so nice to have your husband around for all the family gatherings? Sometimes I feel like our summer is just starting in September. You guys look great and we need to get together! It has been WAY too long..

Judy said...

Hey Kate. don't you love to stay in your jammies for conference. It is my top 10 of favs. Your picture is cute. you are always cute. Sounds like a great weekend! Love Ya!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for having us over and giving up your bed for us! You guys are so awesome, thank you so much! Oh and the bed really wasn't that bad, I'm sure it was a lot better than sleeping on the couch! Travis is still so sore from the Wii, we are convinced it is the best new workout (were going to get one). You guys were the best hosts, thank you so much!

Chelsi said...

Fun weekend! We will be there 1 week from today!! We might come Monday... hope we can stay. I'll call you and let you know for sure. Can't wait to see your cute face :)

Sammi said...

Well...Well...well look at the two SILLIEST GOOSES EVER!!!

How are my 2 favorite CRAZY cousin doing? I didn't realise you even had a blog until I somehow ran across it! Check ours out at

www.lifewiththeroberts.blogspot.com

I love you both and hope you are doing GREAT!

Will and Heidi said...

Hi Kate. Sounds like you had a great weekend! I love reading your blog and keeping up with things. Thanks for sharing.

Holly said...

Who doesn't love your mom?! :) You couldn't look rough if you tried Kate! :) Luff ya!

Bon said...

What a fun weekend! I love your mom too..she has me cracking up in Sunday School last time I visited!:)

Emily said...

Cute pictures! You always look cute you know. You should see me when I don't try--oh wait you did see me that way for most of the 2 yrs in the ISU torture program. Good times!!

Mandy said...

You two don't look "rough" at all! I LOVE looking at pictures of you both......there's SO much natural chemistry. You make such a perfect couple. ( seriously can't wait to see what your kiddos will look like )

It's so good to see a picture of you mom. She looks so happy. I'm glad she is your best friend. Are your parents still in Iona?

P.S. Thank you for your SWEET comments. You are such a dollface. XOXO

Jeremy and Ruth said...

Hey you two!! haha how is life!! i am a total blog stocker!! i got to yours from the petersons:) it is good to see how you guys are doing!! :)

Hanna in the Hizzzouse.. said...

I loved reading all of your posts Kate. You make me laugh so hard, and remind me not to take life so seriously. I swear your sister Nat is stalking me j/k, but seriously I see her every where I go. She is the cutest and reminds me of you.I bet you are the coolest aunt ever!!! Love ya and can't wait to read more.

Han
(your most fave dancing partner EVER!!)