Sunday, October 26, 2008

Fall decor, Baby shower invitations, Anniversary(kind of)

Tai Pan has the most fabulous decorations, as I'm sure many of you already know!! I could completely loose my head in there, but Jeremy reminds me I have to limit my "decor purchasing" until we have a house of our own, or at least a storage unit... we are fresh out of "under the bed" storage space!!! But I did walk away from Tai Pan with a beauty this weekend... a huge FALL garland! Can't wait to have a house to decorate each holiday to the MAX! Someday... someday!  



My mother-in-law, sister-in-law, and I are throwing Jeremy's sister, LANAE, a baby shower on the 8th of November and I volunteered to make the invitations. My sister, Lacie, gave me a "diaper invitation" idea, and this is my end product. Thank goodness I had Jeremy to help me, they were more work than I anticipated.. but actually SO fun to make. We are so excited for LaNae!!!! She has 2 sweet boys, and this will be her first GIRL!




I'm kind of a sap when it comes to remembering and wanting to celebrate EVERY anniversary possible... first date anniversary, first kiss anniversary, engagement day anniversary.. etc! Yes.. I am 16 at heart! Hopeless Romantic I guess.
 Well, this last weekend Jeremy and I celebrated our FIRST DATE ANNIVERSARY... 
October 22 was 4 YEARS since our FIRST DATE! It's so weird because in a sense I CAN'T believe it's been that long since I first met him... but in another sense I can't remember my life without him, and I'm SO grateful I'll never have to imagine it without him for the rest of my life! 
I was going to "recreate" our whole first date for him.. but he had to study most of the night, so we just ordered take out from Olive Garden and he surprised me with flowers.
Here's to 4 years sweetie! It really just keeps getting better!   
Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!

Our dating years...
Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!

17 comments:

Clayton & Charish Hubbard said...

Katie that is so sweet. It is so true when you say... "I CAN'T believe it's been that long since I first met him... but in another sense I can't remember my life without him" I am truely happy for you two! You guys seem very happy! congrats on 4 years of dating!

C.B. said...

It is true Taipan has the cutest decorations..I love that store. LOVE the fall garland.

Rach said...

Cute post Katie! I love your fall decorations, and those baby shower invites were SO CUTE! Congrats on 4 years... It's crazy how time flies. You two are beautiful together!

SueAnn said...

I LOVE Tiapan, I wish we had one close by. Happy 1st date anniversary! Our first date anniversary is in September and it would be 13 years ago!! Crazy!!

Chelsi said...

You are so great! If you want to do a collage go to picasa.com and download beta3. It is a fun program and you can do lots of fun stuff!

Holly said...

Those shower invites turned out way cute! I know what you mean about going crazy with home decor! It's SOOO fun! And ahhh,Kate I just love that you are still the same Kate I remember! Happy 4 year dating anny! :)

Bon said...

Happy first date Anniversary! HA! I can't remember ours. Sad, but maybe cause I had a boyfriend when I first went out with Beau! HAHAHAH!

I love the fall wreath and the invo's! So talented!! I love Tai Pan too! I am going on a huge Christmas shopping spree in a week or two! Hopefully I won't walk away empty handed. (ok at Tai pan, I never do!!)

Andrew and Shandee said...

It was good running into you to. I love reading your blog. You are so creative! Yea the program really is he** sometimes but hopefully I will get through it. Thanks for your number. I put it in my phone. Mine is 201-2340 if you ever need anything. I know I have told you this before, but it is YOU who is the gorgeous one.

Neal and Angie said...

That is so fun! It's good to stay romantic I think! I love your new fall garland. I love decorating too--can't wait to have a house of my own!

jenna said...

fun pics & way cute house!!! boo that is the same day as my shower :( love lots!!!

Unknown said...

I am such a sap when it comes to that romantic stuff too! Oh I LOVE IT!!! It sounds like Jeremy spoils you with that romance (flowers all the time!)
You are so good at decorating! When we get a house, someday, you can come and decorate it ;) Seriously you really do have a knack for it. That garland really adds a lot to the room!

crystal carlson said...

Those invitations are soooo cute, you guys did an awesome job! Your apartment is so cute--especially with your new purchase! Congrats on 4-years since your first date, that's awesome!

Mandy said...

Love, love, love the garland. What beautiful colors. Great buy Katie and those invitations are adorable. Great work!!!

Happy first date anniversary!!!! So glad to hear you're in love.

Jenn said...

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know you are invited to go trick or treating friday. If you don't already have plans. Let us know.

whit said...

I wish I could be creative like you!!! Love the garland and the invites!! It has been so fun seeing you lately! Happy First date anniversary!

Heidi Bitsch said...

I love the baby showere invitations, they are so cute! And yeah for 4 years! I'm so glad you found someone that makes you happy and completes your life. :)

Missy said...

I love Taipan too, we went there this last weekend and that place is dangerous. I just love it! I really like your fall garland. Great job on the invitations, very cute.