Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Mission Prez/ Go Cougs / BFF's reunited!!

Jeremy LOVES his mission president and his wife SOO much, and its not hard to see why!! I remember when we were dating he would go on and on and on about how great they were.. and right when I met them, I knew exactly what all the ranting and raving was about. They are SO GREAT! Since we have been in Provo, we have had the opportunity to hang out and chat with them quite a few times, and its so fun! President Mullen has called Jeremy ever since I have known him just to check in and see how things are going, I think its so awesome that they still carry on that great of a relationship/friendship that long after the misson. They always tell me how Jeremy was "one of the very best," and I believe it, he always talks about his mission as the greatest life-changing experience he could have ever imagined. In a lot of ways, Jeremy just became part of the Mullen family while he was in New York serving, and its fun to see that.

We ran into the Mullens the other night at the grocery store, and a little after we left the store we got a text from them asking us to Sunday dinner... it was so good to see them, its funny... its like I've known them forever. Such wonderful people, and I love that they love my husband so much, and that he loves them back just as much.







Hate this picture of me... but cute of my husband... so I had to post it anyway just to show our COUGAR PRIDE. The game was awesome last Saturday!! HOTTTTT.... but awesome! They killed Wyoming...GO COUGS!! It so fun to see how great they are doing this year. Jeremy bought us both "The Quest" BYU shirts to show our true BLUE pride.



We went to SUNDANCE for a drive and to get a few treats from a yummy Cafe up there the other night.. and drove through the canyon right before the sun went down... if you haven't seen the Provo canyon in the fall.. its a MUST.. the leaves are still in the process of changing.. but its still unbelievable beautiful right now! We love FALL! I wish I would have taken a few pictures of the canyon before it got too dark, I'll do it next time for sure.
You can't see this picture of Jeremy very well.. but he has got a HUGE sucker in his mouth.. these are one of our favorite treats from that Cafe.. us and our candy.. its a joke! Good thing I work for a Dentist Ü (No... Jeremy's nose and forehead are not genetically this fire-engine red.. he got SO burned at the football game earlier that day! Poor guy)




Hold on to your shorts everyone... COLE and KATE are re-united.. and it feels so good.. sing along now!!
Nicole Pasley is one of my VERY best friends from high school, and she and her sister just moved to Provo.. I'm ecstatic about it! She is the cutest girl.. and so talented, check out all some of her paintings under my sidebar "Amazing Work". I LOVE HER TO DEATH. Her mom, Judy, was in town on Monday so I met them for lunch and I felt like I was a teenager again. So fun to have her around, its like I was telling Cole the other day.. its so nice to have a piece of home here in Provo. It really is hard to find true friends that you have that special bond with that you know you will be friends with FOREVER.. and COLE is definitely one of those to me. More like a sister than a friend, because no matter how long its been, we can pick up right where we left off. We shopped all day until Cole's blisters on her feet couldn't allow her to go any longer Ü
Like most of you... My friends and family are my world... the older I get the more I realize that nothing else really matters in this life but the love and relationships we share with people, and of coarse with the Lord.





17 comments:

Mandy said...

You and your husband make such a drop dead gorgeous couple. I can't freakin' wait to see what your kids look like.....you are having kids one day right?! You have to.....they'll be BEAUTIFUL!
The photo of you and Nicole is too adorable. I LOVE her short hair. You both look fantastic....it's a keep for framin photo.

Much Love

P.S. I SO hear you on the "little peace of home" thing. Anytime I have a friend of family member visiting it just feels right. Now only if I can get one to live here.....what's your secret. Ha!

Jessica said...

I agree with Mandy, you two are a gorgeous couple & will have some adorable kids!

I loved driving Sardine canyon in Logan during the fall too. The colors are just awesome!

So fun that you got together with Nicole. It's been fun running into some old friends here in Idaho Falls.

Walters Family said...

Did you see those two ladies running out the flag at that football came? One of them was my cousin! You two are the CUTEST couple ever!

Camille said...

I love fall, too. It's my favorite time of year, minus the allergies, of course. Funny, I was also going to mention that you guys will have beautiful children. Can't wait to see 'em! (;

I haven't seen Nicole since high school. She's still as cute as ever! You both are!

C.B. said...

Fall is my favorite season!

Patrick loves his mission president too. He came to our wedding.

You two are so cute. I am glad you are so happy.

ps LOVE Nicole's art work

Jenn said...

Husbands and friends are the best! Looks like you guys are doing so well! If you'll be up our way this weekend...we're having a little party at Laura's house, Friday at 8. You should bring your sweet self up here to catch up with everyone, including miss Kimberly!! So, basically, you should come! Love ya!!

Mike,Shar,Ryan,Rex said...

Sounds like you had such a fun weekend! The football game was awesome, This is like the first year of my life i havent had season tickets. We don't have the mountain (the station that has all the games) so we watched it at iggys sports grill! Great place to bring my child a sports bar, but they had great food :) Hope to see ya soon!

Unknown said...

HOw fun!
I think that every missionary loves their mission president, they hold a special place in all our hearts!
GO COUGARS! :)This is one team I will watch!

Holly said...

Oh, I just LOVE my two BFF's in the whole world! Wish I was there with ya! How fun, now it's your turn to be closer to Cole though. :) You both look SOOO stinkin' cute! LOVE it! Looks like you have been having lots of fun with that handsome hubby of yours!! :)

Bon said...

Katie...you are such a babe! Seriously how could you hate any picture of yourself!! (ok so I totally sounded like I have the hots..ha)

I am glad your good friend is moving there and I definitely want to see pictures of provo canyon. I don't think I have been up there!

Becca and Jared Anderson said...

Hi Katie!!! I am so glad you found me!!! I just luv ya---we had so much fun in weights together--lol--You are gorgeous--as always :) It looks like you are doing well :) Good for you~! :)

Luv,
Becca

shauna said...

So I always look at your blog too. I added you to my blog list (hope you dont mind.) I know...seeing you at Laura's shower was crazy. She is so fun and we have become really good friends. She has told me a few times how you two are really good friends and how much she loves you. Her little girl is adorable! It looks like you are having tons of fun doing all this fun stuff. Keep in touch!

Judy said...

Kate! It was so dang fun to see you and after Cole and I was talking and she said that it is so awesome that she still feels so comfy with you. Like you said...pick up where you left off. I hope you guys can hang....Maybe double date or something. I love ya like my own kid for sure!

Chelsi said...

We really need to get together! I'm freaking out here... Oh wait!! Gord has an interview at BYU on October 14th with a company from Washington (they'll be there for a career fair) So... let's have a sleep over:)

Unknown said...

What an exciting few days for you guys! Good times! I'm going to dinner with Stacy and Kaylie Hatch-Bailey on Tuesday and I'm so excited!! I'm feeling the same way about friends down here, it is nice to have a piece of home. And thank you so much for all your awesome comments lately! It has been such an exciting time getting and engaged and everything, and I just love the comments I've gotten from friends. So thanks!!

Neal and Angie said...

Looks like you've been busy having fun! I am so excited BYU is doing so well in football. I do miss the fall, we don't get much of one here in Cali so enjoy it for me! ;) Neal loves his mission pres too, he actually came to our sealing when we got married!

Celeste Tabakece said...

I don't know how I missed so many of your posts, but it looks like you are doing good. I miss you a ton!