Thursday, September 11, 2008

This N That

Nothing too exciting been goin on 'round here.. just a quick update...

First of all.. I have to tell my husband how proud I am of him for finishing his 4 th summer of home security summer sales!! For those of you who know anything about summer sales know that not just anyone could stick it out for 4 years. I couldn't be happier to have my husband back.. even though we were lucky enough to have his office in Salt Lake this year, it still felt like I was slighly a widow for the summer, as I'm sure many of you can relate to. This job just takes so much energy, time, commitement, dedication, patience.. on and on... so I'm super excited I can be a bit more selfish with his time now that the summer is over! I'm so proud of him and love that guy SO VERY MUCH! Good job my sweet friend!

A few weekends ago Jeremy and I were trying to decide what to do for the night.... Jeremy got on the computer and googled "things to do in salt lake/provo/orem area"... he made a list of 5 happen'n things going on that night and handed the list to me, and like a little school boy, told me to circle one. I was extremely tempted to circle the option to go see the play "BIG", but saw that he had listed a baseball game as one of the options (his love for baseball and his love for me are in the same category).. so the OREM OWLS baseball game it was! ... what??? .... you've never heard of the OWLS??? .... well neither had we, but now we are OWL fans for life, okay i'm exaggerating, but we had a great time, and just to put a little cherry chip icing on the cake... they even had a little firework show at the end. What more could we ask for... Hotdogs, popcorn, icecream, hamburgers, candy, baseball, and fireworks... heaven all wrapped into one if you ask Jeremy.


I LOVE THIS PICTURE OF HIM.. ohhhh, he makes me grit my teeth he's too cute.
And no.. I'm absolutely not bias! And FYI... I'm not sure he even smiled this big on our wedding day!

Look... I caught a firework in the picture with him!









MOVING NIGHTMARE!! ....
This next picture is just a preview into how Jeremy and I live our everyday lives.. some call it ghetto, cluttered, white trash, stinky... we like to think of it was enjoying life by not waisting our life away with cleaning and organizing and such.

SICK>>>> none of you better have believed that! Jeremy's the biggest clean FREAK, and I also could never live in this kind of ghetto-ness! We moved into a new condo in Provo.. on the 3rd floor.. call us morons.. because we are! Not to mention the busiest train in the world is 3 blocks from our bedroom window... LOVE IT! Our eyes have been puffy and ruby red since we moved into the place because of the lack of sleep thanks to the thomas the train conductor tooting his horn all night.We moved ALL of our stuff in one day and were up until 4 in the morning cleaning our old place... then we left our new condo just like this picture shows to go to Idaho for the Labor Day weekend! While we were Idaho both of us would go from laughing to almost crying when thinking about what we had to go home to. On a positive note.. it is clean.. organized and almost all decorated now.. so I'll post an updated picture with more optimistic thoughts... unless by that time I'm forced into an insane asylum because of that freak'n train!




No... you have my word that I won't post pictures of flowers every time Jeremy gets them for me!! I'm a cheesehead, but not that bad thank heavens! I know I posted a picture of some on my last post... but this batch was too gorgeous not to share. I had never seen orange roses! This picture doesn't do them justice.. beautiful!
......and the reason I got them is even better...... I was shopping in Idaho Falls with my sisters and Jeremy told me he would meet me in town after he packed up all our stuff and we could just leave for Provo after we were done shoppin. We get to Provo and I'm frantically digging through my stuff to find my make-up and hair products.. not to be found. Yup.. left it in Idaho. Honest mistake.. and nice of him to even pack all our stuff up... but he felt horrible and ran to the store to get me these to apologize.

21 comments:

Camille said...

Katie, you are right. He is cute! But I'll tell you the cutest thing of all is how much you adore that guy! I love it! You make me smile every time you talk about him. It kinda reminds me of what I feel for mine, I just don't have the words for it like you do!

C.B. said...

You make me laugh,,just the way you put things makes me smile. GO OREM OWLS!

oh, and about that train a few blocks away...that kinda sucks!

Hanna in the Hizzzouse.. said...

It sounds like you have yourself an okay guy kate. I am so happy for you! The picture of the two of you is so cute. I love the corny one with the firwork in the background, so cute!

Those roses are beautiful....SPOILED!!!

Heather H said...

Hey, when we first moved to Rexburg our townhouse was right next to the highway. It took about a week or so but after that we didn't notice the sound anymore, so... the is still HOPE! I remember those first night, and thinking oh we made a huge mistake, but it turned out ok! I am so happy you are so happy! I can't help but smile when I read your blog!

Holly said...

You two are SOOO stinkin' cute together!! I LOVe LOVE LOVE it Kate!! I think that your blog name may ring a little true on the moving at 4 am part... haha. :) YOu have to post pics of your new place when you finish decorating it... I know you and I'm sure it is SOOO cute!! Good luck with the THomas the Train nearby darn it!

Celeste Tabakece said...

Kate, I try to avoid reading your blog because it makes me miss you so much, but seriously...call me when you come this way. Anyway, that's funny you hadn't heard of the OREM OWLS...did you never go to the Chuckars games...just kidding. Anyway, looks like you guys are having fun and doing well. We miss you both.

SueAnn said...

You are such a crack up! Those flowers are gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Wow, I would tell him he could forget my stuff anytime! Those are gorgeous flowers. I hate moving and unpacking too, that's why I meticulously planned on being seven months pregnant the last time we moved (I didn't do ANYTHING), it was so great! There are railroad tracks literally in our backyard. We actually sleep through it now but it literally shakes the bed when in passes and honks it horn so loud at like three in the morning, is that really necessary. Hopefully you will evolve and adjust so that you don't even notice it either. The baseball game sounds SOOOO fun, we have never been to one together. You guys always look AMAZING!

Judy said...

You are so fun! Love to be able to keep in touch with you. Love ya! When I come tp Provo, lets all go to dinner? OK?

Tanya said...

4 years in summer sales is alot, just wait until year 7 comes around, every summer I always said, I hate this!! and wish my hubby would quit, but at the end of summer it's all worth it though huh? I'm just glad that now we don't have to go to an office and get to stay home. Those flowers are beautiful!

Ashley and Paul Giddings said...

So first of all I have to admit I am totally jealous you have your husband back...I'm counting the days now til I have mine. Secondly I have to say you two are just a picture perfect couple...absolutely darling. And lastly, looking at your packing picture does NOT get me excited to move AGAIN!!! This was Paul's 4th year too! It's all I know- he's been doing it since the day I met him. Wonder if he'll ever leave the business- doubt it. So ready for that cruise.

jenna said...

look how much fun! we need to get in on this call action. when will i see you again?! p.s. the pic was taken in rome last november with kate and andy. we were soaked! YOU LOOK AMAZING.

Anonymous said...

Thats so sweet of him! & thanks for the ideas for things to do in Utah. Wyatt and I just moved to Sandy and its amazeing how much there is to do in Utah compared to Idaho Falls.

Ryan & Amanda said...

I have been missing you, we need to get together soon!! I love the packing picture, and I hope I never have to move again because I HATE all the packing and cleaning, then cleaning and unpacking! I am slightly jealous about the flowers, they are really beautiful. Maybe you should keep sharing the flowers you get so the rest of us can enjoy them with you- and maybe drop a few hints to our husbands! :)

Rachelle said...

Hey Kate,
I found your blog from Chelsi's. I love seeing how happy you are. I must say you are absolutely beautiful in all these pictures. I'm glad you are doing so well. Stop by our blog sometimes if you want. Take care. Rachelle

VicandNanc said...

Hey Kate,.... I would love to answer your questions, BUT I don't know the answers! Vic's company moved us over there because he got his undergrad degree in international business & had already worked in Mexico & Uraguay. We were there to help them buy into Spain. If you hire a moving company & fly back & forth a little to find housing... it cost about $12,000 each way, our rent for a tiny little flat was about $1500 a month. Kind of crazy numbers! Let me know if you have any other questions though! Getting a Visa & social security number is probably the hardest part :) LOve ya!

Rachelle said...

Kate,
It was so good to hear from you. Go to our family blog at
gonzales-fam.blogspot.com There are all sorts of pics of our baby girl. I'm glad we are in touch again. Talk to you soon. -Rachelle

Walters Family said...

stop being so CUTE! I cant stand it any more! I cant wait to see the post of your aparment all organized and cute. Thanks for being my most faithful comment writer on my blog. I love reading them! LOVES!!!!

Jared and Jami Hobbs said...

You are so cute. I love the mess. Good job on your marathon, you are awesome!!

LouandAngela said...

You guys are the cutest couple in every way! I love the way you talk about him. I love that he buys you flowers. I love that you chose to go to a baseball game instead of BIG. You both seem to know how to put each other first! Thanks for sharing! It's fun to catch up with you. And hey, we're not that far away from each other. I live in West Valley!

Oh yeah, and I know the train tracks you're talking about. So sorry you have to put up with that. I hope you can get used to it!

Carolyn said...

Katie,
No worries on the moving. After mike and I's 4 move i gave up trying to stay orginazed while moving! It sucks! But life went on.
When we lived in AZ we lived 2 blocks from a train... that was fun at 1215....230...530 when the train would blow it's horn! ugh just thinking about it make me want to cry.