Friday, August 27, 2010

padres

Germ is in HEAVEN.

Padres baseball

just a few minutes from our house.


a little fella, on his bike, pulled us from our parking spot, to the game in this little buggy. 


London.. aka
gim, gimlet, D, sweets, best friend, girl, girlfriend, l.e. (her initials), tiniest one.. just to name a few..
but at the moment her most common nickname is 
"D"
we have no idea why. 

have i mentioned i'm so in love with this tiniest of great ones? well i am. completely. obsessed
in fact, i am having to do a slight intervention on myself because every time i see, hold, or talk to her, i GRIT my teeth so hard that it makes them ache. 
not kidding.
and its not something i have control over, its so involuntary.
the more i try to control it, the more i do it. she's just to ridiculously delicious. 
this parenthood thing is the greatest ever. and i'm not just saying to make my blog or life sounds perfect. but life doesn't get better than this. 
go ahead, look at this face and TRY not to grit.. i dare you. see.. now YOU need an intervention

she has been pulling this silly, goober face on a regular basis. and will just sit there and pose, she kills me.
(EVERYONE, including my family, says she looks EXACTLY like jeremy. my mom questions if she is even mine :)    i see him in her a little, but can't see either of us a ton. where did you come from gim?)


she is smiling like a mad woman these days, reaches for anything and everything like a pro, and is sleeping 7-8 hours at a time at night.
sounds perfect right?? 
WELL... 
i didn't get that lucky! 
she is the biggest toad in the car!!!!
she HATES... her car seat. like i have mentioned before she is a maniac MOVER, kicks and flings herself nonstop, so when she is in her car seat you would think she is in a straight jacket. 
screams bloody murder.
 looses her complete mind. 
therefore, we stick to home more often than we otherwise would.
she also needs an intervention..
and whats this i hear about "just take them on a ride in the car, they will go right to sleep, even if they are fussy" ?????.... 
biggest wives' tale i've EVER heard! :)

enjoy what is left of the summer.. and then come see us in sunny california :)  

finally updated petalonover.blogspot.com

10 comments:

Celeste Tabakece said...

I love little london. So happy for you guys. Just wait until you have three and one likes what the other hates. It makes it hard to make them all happy at once. I LOVE it though and wouldn't change it for the world.

Ryan & Amanda said...

oh my word, she is completely adorable! I can see why you need an intervention, I think I may need one too! The car seat? Alli loved hers, still does the whole fall asleep in the car thing works like a charm for us-kind of a problem though because we use it a little too often. :) Busy babies are the best kind though in my opinion! You guys look so great!!!

Judy said...

Oh kate! she is so beauiful.....and I understand the grit your teeth thing.....done it 3 times......well 5 with you and Hol! :}

Holly said...

oh my word. totally understand the gritting the teeth thing! ♥ She is a doll. I see Germ in her! Hope the car seat thing gets better! it's so funny to see their little personalities start to bloom! She's going to be a fun little thing like her mama! Love ya Kate!

Erin said...

Aw... she is so sweet. I love the big smiles! And, I'm still jealous (daily) of you and your location. :)

chaseandbrookefam said...

Kate, Oh I miss you guys! London is getting so big. I can't believe it. I don't think that she could get much cuter. She's beautiful! And that smile is a killer. You look like you're having so much fun, I can't wait to come visit. Better yet come home soon, I think that visit will come first. I'm glad things are going well for ya! We miss ya!

Kelsey said...

Oh. My. When my delicious little dude came along I started gritting my teeth 'til they ached too! Still do it and can't control it...genetic then? Love your tiniest gim's goober face. She is scrumptious.

Camille said...

I hear ya on the teeth gritting! I swear I have done permanent damage to mine.

Little London is honestly one of the most beautiful little babies I have seen. I'm not just being nice, either. Some babies just look like babies and they're cute because they're little...but I happen to think that some (including mine, of course!) are just plain exceptional!

Oh, and you are right. The car seat IS a wives tale! But don't worry, she may grow used to it soon. My little Katelynn hated hers when she was an infant, but after a few months, she got used to it and became a good traveler.

the Petterson Family said...

I LOVE that cheeser smile with her big eyes! She's SO adorable!!!

Hannah was a BEAST in the car seat and sometimes still is, but it gets better I promise you! Her car seat screaming peaked between 3-5 months and then got better after that, she still cries sometimes, but definitely not as much as she did before! I totally agree with you about that wives tale!

Lance and Nancy said...

We love the pictures of Little London, it takes us back 28 years. We think she looks more like Jeremy at times than Jeremy looks like Jeremy. We miss you all and can't wait to see you in 30 days. Yes, we are already counting down. Love you lots!