Monday, August 2, 2010

san diego

we went to california, had 2 days to find our new home, and it was a success. 
well i don't know if you can call the amount we are going to be paying for rent as a success..
but you get my drift.

we are excited. nervous. anxious
but can't wait to start this new little journey.

germ and i actually got engaged in newport, which is only about an hour from where we will be living... so it was fun to stop by the exact place he popped the big Q while we were house hunting.  oh how i love that man, and am so glad wherever he goes, i go. and that our tiniest gimlet gets to follow :) 


you'll be happy to know london is doing really well with solids as of late, such as... 
twizzlers, almonds, carrots, pork, etc.

people say she looks JUST like jeremy. i don't see it quite yet. not quite sure where she came from actually.. don't think she looks like either of us too much YET. 
 but either way.. i can't get enough of her. she is just delicious in every way.  being a mom is the greatest, most fantastic thing i have ever imagined. this is what life is about! 
.... speaking of deliciously divine!!!   "velvet yogurt" in san celmente. words cannot express.
our new home.
our new car.
ok.. thats not our new car.. but oh how i wish it was.  look closely.. this ride rolls on... count em... 3 tires! we laughed so hard. gotta get my mits on one of these doosies

on coronado island with san diego behind us
londons first trip to the ocean.. many many many more to follow 
we will be living about 4 miles from the beach  :)  
that thought SLIGHTLY helps when i get deathly sad about moving.

prolly my fav pic of the trip

this is the last week we will call Idaho our home.  ok, lets be honest, 
Idaho will ALWAYS be our home. 
california be kind to us... we are SO Idahoans.

14 comments:

Judy said...

So fun.....love your new car:}
Maybe cole and I will have to come visit!

Erin said...

London is getting SO BIG! Wow! I love the picture with her and Jeremy where she is smiling. Cute smile! (Both of them)
I'm so excited for you to move, but I'm more jealous than excited. SD is my dream place to live. I try talking Dustin into it daily. No such luck... YET! :)

Unknown said...

I'm excited for you guys! And also very proud. I can't imagine moving. I think we feel the same about dear Idaho. But I'm sensing a move in the near future for us with Tyson's job. This post gives me hope! I hope you enjoy Sawn-dee-yago! (Anchorman? Some people don't get it ha ha)

Mike,Shar,Ryan,Rex said...

So exciting!! You are going to have a fabulous time! San Diego is so amazing and I am jealous you get to live there for law school, we stayed in boring ol' provo!! You'll miss home but you will be glad you had the experience!!

Ashley said...

You crack me up! I LOVE that car, hahah! I'm excited for you guys, good luck with everything!

bb,tonya and cam... said...

how jealous am i! :) good luck in SD you will totally love it there...i sure miss it...

Burdick Family said...

I have to say I am a little jealous you will be escaping the COLD that will soon be upon us in Idaho. San Diego actually sounds pretty fabulous, other than not having the grandparents around to love on the baby all the time. (I'm sure your parents are dying that you're taking that sweet little girl so far away from them.) Good luck with everything!

Amber said...

Oh us Idahoans will miss you guys!! Good luck with everything!! Cute pics, I love that pic of London and Jeremy. Sooo stinkin cute!

Heidi Bitsch said...

So what are you moving to San Diego for? I'm totally jealous that you will only be 4 miles from the beach, but can understand your sadness of leaving home. :) I hope that you guys have a great time living/adjusting to the California life!

Maxfield Family said...

We are heading to Newport Beach, Cali next week, Love that place! My cousins hubby just graduated from law school in San Diego last year. Good luck with your new adventures. Your little girl is adorable!

Ryan,Erika,Kaylee and Khloe Pettersson said...

San Diego!? You guys will love it!! I'm so happy for you. It's great Jeremy got into school and everything is working out for you. I can't believe how big miss London is! I love her smile, too perfect :o). Katie you look unbelievably good. Dang girl how do you do it? Cant wait for more pictures of your new adventure! Good luck with everything!

Holly said...

Kate if you are still here CALL me! We were out of town for the week, I hope I didn't miss you! We are hoping to get to CA to see Ang this fall, maybe I can catch you there instead! I'm so excited for you and this big new adventure! :) Just make sure you don't love it so much you never come home! Love you! Kiss Miss London for me! She's an absolute doll!!

Neal and Angie said...

Very exciting to be taking new adventures as a family! We're only like 1 1/2 hrs away from you! Your little London is ADORABLE! Good luck with the move and everything!

Darby Family said...

Hi Katie. So random. I was looking at my friend Ashley Giddings blog and I saw a post titled San Diego so I took a peek and it was you. We just met today at church. So funny that I randomly ran into your blog. Welcome again to San Diego.