Sunday, August 15, 2010

mom

oh how i love my sweet sweet mom
she has always been my best friend, and will always be (next to germ of course :) )
she flew out to CA with me and london while jeremy drove, and she helped us get settled in our new place.
there is just something unexplainable about a mother/daughter connection, and i recognize and cherish that even more now that i am a daughter AND a mother. 
she has always known how to make things exciting and put me at ease about anything i'm worked up or stressed about.
i want to be just like her, and like i've said a million times... i can only HOPE and PRAY that london will feel about me how i feel about my mom, because she is the greatest thing ever.

we had so much fun while she was here.. i've spent SO much time with her the last year..actually i've always spend tons of time with her...
and i'm going to miss her TERRIBLY, my whole family for that matter. 
we did WAY WAY WAY too much eating, a lot of unpacking and organizing.. shopping.. eating eating eating.. and going to the beach and the pool. 
i love you mom. i miss you. *tears*  lots o tears
but i'm excited to be here, i really am. so much to look forward to and what a perfect place to start a new adventure.



while we were on coronado island there we a huge group of teenagers from FRANCE that ran up to us and took their picture with us.. so i snagged one of all of us too. hilarious.
la jolla cove
isn't she beautiful?! and i love how much she loves my daughter, there is nothing like it.
oh.. and we ate with a couple of jeremy's mission buddies today, one which actually went to the same law school that jeremy is attending, so it was fun to talk to him about his experience and for jeremy to get some advice and tips on what to expect for the next couple of years! 
jeremy, brad, mike


8 comments:

Jessie said...

Moms truly are the greatest! They just have a way about making everything seem just fine!

Christa Skousen said...

Hello Call family! It has been awhile. Congrats on the big move. How exciting. And London is so beautiful...she is a perfect mix of you guys! I love what you said about your mom. That is exactly how I feel about mine...mom's really are the best and you appreciate them so much more once you become a Mom.

Hope everything is going well for you guys!!

Will and Heidi said...

good luck on your new adventure!

Amber said...

FUn pics! Aren't moms just really wonderful? I love my mom so much and don't know what I would do without her! I KNOW your little London will have the same relationship with you as you do your mom. :)

Holly said...

Aww Kate, who doesn't love love love your mom?! She is the greatest and so are you! Your hair is getting LONG! Loving all of London's high fashion! She's beautiful!

Hay and J said...

What a fun new adventure! I agree about my mom! She helped me out so much in are move too! London is getting so big! We just missed you guys! Hope everything is well!

Shannon Dooley said...

You are the most stylish girl ever Kate! I love all your outfits & Londons too. I am so excited for you to start this new chapter in your life. How fun! Congrats!

Megan Marie said...

pretty sure i was just on that beach in one of the orange kayaks behind you! i got way sick while touring the caves! haha i'm so jeallous you live there- i was going to call you when we were there but it was 6am and we left at 8am. next time!