Monday, May 10, 2010

meet our favorite girlfriend..

LONDON ELIZABETH CALL
May 2, 2010 @ 6:22pm
 6lbs 3oz   
19.5 in
we couldn't be more in love. obsessed.
london meeting aunt nat and lace, and g&g huls for the first time
my sweet girl a few minutes old
first family picture. 
g&g huls
couldn't be more proud! 
Dr leavitt let jeremy pretty much deliver London, he caught her and got to cut the cord. 
probably the sweetest thing in the entire world watching my favorite person bring my other favorite person into this world. unreal
one of my favorite pictures ever.

first mothers day
caught a tiny smile. 
1 week old
4 generation picture
sometimes i have to set her down and walk away for a few minutes or i'll bite her cheeks off! 
oh i can't get enough.
grandma call
great grandma huls

aunt lanae
(notice the cute quilt draped over her car seat.. THANKS so much chels!! we love it!!)

laying in the sun
just about to leave the hospital
i THOUGHT i loved him before all of this...
clip'n her nails the day we got home from the hospital
getting ready to head home.
first car ride
aunt lanae & uncle aaron
cousins
london & macy
2 weeks apart
almost caught another smile
can't even look at these two without tearing up. love love love

grandma giving london her first bath. 
some people are so good at putting into words how they feel.. and expressing their emotions in a way that capture the true experience of things. i'm not one of those people. and i couldn't begin to explain the FLOOD of emotions and LOVE i have for my little family and the miracle we have just experienced. all i know is that bringing this sweet, perfect life into this world is not OF THIS WORLD.. truly a miracle, and the greatest blessing i could have ever imagined. 
short version of the labor and delivery..
i was induced sunday morning (may 2) at 5am. they put me on pit right when i got there, but i didn't really start feeling contractions until about 11:30, asked for my epidural at 12:30.. and i have never in my life slept as well as i did from 12:30-6:00 that day, they checked me at 6pm and i was ready to push.. only pushed for 2o minutes. couldn't have asked for a better labor and delivery. 
dr leavitt is amazing. he coached jeremy for about 20 minutes before i delivered London on how to catch her and what to do as she was coming out.. so he pretty much let jeremy deliver her and then cut the cord. he couldn't even see he had tears in his eyes the whole time, and i had a hard time focusing on pushing because of how cute my husband was being about the whole experience. i'm so lucky.. so blessed, and so far beyond grateful. 
for sure the most spiritual experience i have ever been through. i have never been more humbled by anything in my life, and have never felt more thankful to my father in heaven for trusting me and jeremy with this perfect sweet spirit.  
just looking and thinking about her makes me want to be a better person, a better friend, a better wife, daughter, sister... 
the spirit that London has been in our home since we had her is unexplainable, and is the most comforting and pure feeling i have ever felt. 
i love my husband, oh my sweet friend, i just look at him holding her and my heart could just burst. what a lucky little girl to have a father that is so in love with her that he would sincerely do anything for her happiness. 

amazing how your whole world changes in an instant.. and you wouldn't change that new world for anything.
life is SO great

thanks so much for all the sweet comments, texts, calls, and letters of congrats. we are so blessed to have such amazing friends and family! 
COME MEET HER! 
 

36 comments:

Jessie said...

Hi! I am Grant Pennington's wife. (Jessie)

I saw your photos on his facebook this morning and since we are expecting our baby girl in 2 days of course these caught my eye! {saw your blog on the FB info}

Just wanted to say hello, and congrats! She is beautiful, but then again so is momma so what do you expect!

Congrats!

Bon said...

So perfectly and eloquently put! She is so lucky to have such a special loving parents! Congrats! Motherhood is the best and hardest thing you will ever do! BUT EVERY moment is worth it!!
Loves

Nate and Annie said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You will be terrific parents. We wish you the best in the world! These babies are so precious. And she is so beautiful.

Ryan & Amanda said...

Oh I so want to meet her!!! I LOVE all the pictures, you will be amazing parents! What a lucky little lady to have you for parents. I'm glad the delivery went well and that she's perfect. So happy for you!!!

Erin said...

I hate your blog! It always makes me tear up. Stop doing that!
I'm so excited for you both, and I think you did a perfect job putting your feelings and emotions into words. Little Miss London is so lucky to have such cute parents... and she's gorgeous.

Camille said...

I've been waiting for this post!! Congratulations! She is precious, and of course, beautiful! But the most precious thing of all is your love and adoration of your baby and husband. You happen to be one of those people who does express very well the feelings you have!

Isn't it funny how our love for our cute little ones can make us almost violent? (biting their cheeks off, etc!) Haha! There's just no better way to describe it, is there?!

Shannon Dooley said...

Oh Kate! I had tears in my eyes reading this whole post and seeing those precious pictures. What a lucky little girl to have you and Jeremy for a Mommy & Daddy! Congrats girlie!!!

bb,tonya and cam... said...

oh congrats! :) she is beautiful! i love the name too we chose it for cam if he was a girl :) so fun!

crystal carlson said...

Oh, she is so precious! What a beautiful family you have! I'm glad that everyone is doing so well & you look AWESOME! I'm pretty sure I didn't do my makeup/hair for a whole week after I got home from the hospital!

christine said...

She is absolutely beautiful! I feel the same that birth/babies are the most amazing gift from our H.F.? There is nothing more pure on this earth. Good job @ congrats-you will be the sweetest parents ever. Just enjoy cuz it goes by fast-my little guy is already 4 months and he is my last one (sniff, sniff). I want to make-out with him everyday (in a good way!!)

The Clarks said...

congratulations!!! she is beautiful!! and you guys look so so happy. that is the coolest that your doctor let jeremey be so involved! and i love the nail clipping picture. =) babies are the best!! congrats again!

Hay and J said...

Gees katie you made me tear up! I can't wait to experiance what you have! It's just a miracle that we could create life! It's crazy! I'm excited to meet precious London!

Ragen & Kelsi Darrington Family: said...

Katie- this is Kelsi (Hunter) Darrington- I don't know if you remember me but I saw your blog and congrats! She is adorable. And what a cute name. It is the most wonderful thing to hold that newborn in your arms. My boy just turned 1 two months ago and it flys by so fast so endure every minute. Enjoy it!

Rachelle said...

There is so much beauty in this post- you and your sweet baby, the love between you all, the joy of becoming parents and your description of it all... simply beautiful! It makes me want to cherish every moment I have with Brandon and my girls. Being parents truly is the most incredible gift. I am so happy for you both.

Judy said...

Oh so cute. I have the cutest gift for our new little girlfriend! Love ya

The Moulton Family said...

Yay!!! What a sweet baby. Got all emotional reading your blog thinking about my little babies. Precious little ones. It really is so special to see how daddy's love their little girls (and boys for that matter) so much.

Burdick Family said...

Aah! She is so adorable. I shouldn't have looked at your blog right after I put on my make-up, I think my mascara might be running. (: So glad everything went smoothly for you and that little London is here safe and sound. You and Jerm are going to be the best mommmy and daddy. Congrats!

Emily said...

Welcome to the world, London! (I love her name) I got a little misty eyed, Kate, thanks for sharing your experience with us! Miracle is right! She is so perfectly sweet! Congrats! Enjoy the new born baby bliss!

Ashley said...

Congrats Kate! Oh my gosh she is cute. She has got to be the most accessorized gorgeous little girlie I ever saw! You two are amazing people, and I just loved reading your story. Isn't it true how life changes in an instant, and it's the best change ever? Enjoy your little fam. You guys are beautiful.

Jessica said...

She is beautiful. There really is nothing quite like bringing life into this world as you said, especially on your first baby. It's such a miracle. Congratulations, I'm super happy for you and your journey ahead. You're going to love it!

Jesse and Ashley Packer said...

She is beautiful Kate!!!!!! She is lucky to have you guys for parents... and you are lucky to have her. Amazing how that works out isn't it??? Best of luck on your new adventure. Absorb every moment. Times goes by way to fast! My baby just got baptized last weekend. So sad! Where does the time go?

Enjoy her! She is absolutely beautiful!

Heather H said...

KATE!! OH MY GOSH she is adorable. And I totally have to agree about dr. leavitt. He (well Jed actually delivered) but dr leavitt was my doc for all 4 of mine. In fact I didn't move to Utah until I delivered Max just so he could finish being my doctor! He is absolutely the best! Who did you have do your epidural? Was it Mike? He is also the very best. He did all 4 of mine and I never felt a thing! In fact he came in when he wasn't working to do my last one cuz I wouldn't have anyone else! HA! Anyway you will be the most wonderful mother and I couldn't be happier for ya! LOVE YA TONS! HEATHER (BIRD)

Unknown said...

London is such a gorgeous baby girl! She has such perfect little features and gorgeous skin! I love all those little hats you have her in too. Such a sweet little family, a little heaven here on Earth

Unknown said...

LOVE this! It all hits too close to home. I'm glad everything went so well. Dr. Leavitt let Tyson do everything too and it was so great! She's just darling. I love the little grins they give. We're just lucky people!

Shannon Dooley said...

PS I just realized you have our old blog on your list (cockadoodledooley). We switched over to blogspot & don't use that one anymore. Our new address is www.dooley-daze.blogspot.com Just thought I'd let ya know. Love ya friend!

Heidi Bitsch said...

She is gorgeous!! Love her little outfits and her cute, cute hats. So glad that you had such an easy labor and delivery. She is so lucky to have such wonderful parents. Love her name and again she is just beautiful!

BTO said...

Kate and Jeremy
I can't believe your baby was born already! It seems like that happened too quickly! She is so perfect. I can't wait to meet her.
Congratulations to you both!
Let us know if we can do anything for you!

VicandNanc said...

OH, what a sweet post. She is adorable (of course!)... and you picked our top name so I love the name too! I just love seeing newborns now that I know just how truly precious they are. I hope that you also enjoy the sweetest spirit that a newborn brings. These are the times!!!

VicandNanc said...

P.S. I am SO JEALOUS of your labor story, sounds like the easiest thing ever... nothing like my 24 hours & not even getting the epidural until after 12! Count your blessings on not having to have those memories!!!

Springer Family said...

You made me almost tear up, you put that into great words. It brought back so many memories of when I had Cali. I am really looking forward to having another baby, especially after reading this. It definately is a great blessing and a wonderful change. Your delivery sounds a lot the same as mine, except I wasn't induced. She is such a beautiful baby girl and has some really great parents!

Meradith said...

Congratulations you guys!! What a perfect little angel!! Love the name! What a beautiful post, seriously those feelings are just so divine and so hard to describe... but
you did it wonderfully Katie girl! So proud of you mama!! Again, millions of congrats, enjoy this sacred time together.:)

Genessa said...

She is so perfect and so beautiful. Congrats you guys. I can't beleive how much her and her cousin look alike.

Tim and Wendi said...

Oh Congratulations you two!! She is beautiful and I love how she has accessories already! Katie you look awesome for just having a baby and I'm glad everything went smoothly.
Hopefully you both are getting some rest. Having a baby is the best experience in the world and knowing that you were chosen to raise them can be overwhelming, but every moment is worth it (some moments take longer to think that than others :)).

I'm so happy for you!

Oh and I love the name too!

Neal and Angie said...

Congrats to the both of you. She's beautiful!

Shelley said...

You are not good at word?! WHATEVER! You almost had me in tears reading this! Sweetest post ever...

The Downs Family said...

Hi Katie! My name is Nichole and LaNae and I have been friends for about 10 years and she was telling me all about your little girl. I saw the link to your blog from hers...which she has not updated in FOREVER!! I just wanted to let you know that your little family is absolutely adorable...enjoy every moment of it!!