Sunday, August 9, 2009

there is just nothing like..

SUNDAYS!
Have I mentioned we have the GREATEST friends out here?! well.. we do!
We get the "crew" together every Sunday for some kind of shindig.

This Sunday "TexMex"..aka.. 
Betty & Cam 
had us over for HOMEMADE cafe' rio salads!
(i dare say.. better than the real ones!)
thanks guys.. that was a lot of work!
UNBELIEVABLE. 


Then we played the "newlywed" game.
.. and the newliest newly-weds won.. congrats to josh & amanda.
Caleb's frustrated/demon-istic/possessed
 expression is my favorite in this picture. ha.
cam, germ,chase,josh,caleb
Jere showing off Betty and Cam's artwork salads

After the newlywed game.. and a few rounds of mafia


And once again Cass pulls through with her amazing dessert
PEACH PIE
(someday i'll be able to bake like her. Jeremy wishes! 
Everything she makes is DELISH!)

Cassi is getting into photography and she got a new lens for her camera, so while we were at the "gardens" she took a few pictures of Jeremy and I, and Chase, 
Brooke, & Ady.. she has learned everything on her own and is doing SO well. 
Great job Cass, we love them!
Check her blog out where she has posted more of her work here


Betty
took this picture below of all of us at the "gardens" I have talked about.. gorgeous place right?! 
photography is actually Betty's profession, and she is AMAZING..
love her classical/timeless style.
Check her out here

We stay at the gardens and rotate between
football/baseball/ultimate Frisbee
until its dark.. 
then we head back to the apartments for more games and an occasional
MOLLOW ROASTIN around the stove.

The girls

Couples foot race
I don't want to brag, so I won't tell you which couple won. 
ha.
(coop actually won.. look at him take the lead!)

Gosh, where has this summer gone? I usually can't wait for the summer to be over so I can have my husband back full time.. but I'm legitimately sad its coming to an end this year! Jeremy and I are constantly saying this summer has been so different.. so great in every way
We only have one more week with most of them.. I could cry, oh yeah.. I prolly will. 
 We are staying for the extension until October, and are excited at least a few of our amigos will be stayin with us!

but.. no frets nor frowns.. 
most of us will be reunited in the BAHAMAS in October! what what!!

Hope your all having a fantastic summer.. 
and get the par-tay started in here..
cuz I'm comin to Idaho for a while the end of AUGUST...
so excited!!

10 comments:

Ashley said...

What a fun post, you look like your having such fun fun times! Love those pics your friends took too by the way. You guys look great. So photogenic!

Ashley and Paul Giddings said...

OK...I am so jealous! We never do things like this...I think with so many newborns, sick pregnancies, different apartment complexes it's just too hard to get together...but we should make more of an effort! I would love the newlywed game! You guys are my inspiration to endure the rest of the summer and the extension...I'm gonna start planning! SOOOOO excited for the BAHAMAS! We will have to hang out then..and after too!

Cassi said...

I agree with everything! And I can not wait for more fun in the Bahamas! No work and all play!

Lacie and Jared said...

YA YA YA... fun here fun there. SMOO SMOW... la te da - anyway - k-um no- k probry so- k maybe not- most defnly- i dont know! HA! You think you have so much time on your hands to make your blog so cute- and make us all wish we were you- k proby. Can't wait to see you in a few weeks! LOVE YOU.

Nate and Annie said...

How weird I didn't know you were with Cameron this summer. We were both in the Landscape Mgmt. program together at BYU. Tell him I said "Hi!" It looks like you guys have had a fabulous summer!

Unknown said...

I'm jealous that you have friends! ha ha Actually I'm pretty darn happy for you guys and that you're doing so well over there. We just don't have any friends and we've lived in Idaho for our entire lives! One day we will I guess! Looks like you guys have had a fun summer!

VicandNanc said...

That looks like fun! Reminds me of the good ol' college life!!! I do wish we could go back to that sometimes. All of our neighbors have 3 kids & husbands that work too much (like Vic!) so we never have time to play like this. I'm glad you are taking full advantage of the "young & free" life!

Unknown said...

Man, you guys make selling look like a BLAST! It looks like you guys have an awesome group! I love the newly-wed game (the celestial marriage game is even funner, less dirty) it always seems like the newest newly weds always win! Those salads look delicious, love Cafe Rio I don't even attempt to mimic that masterpiece. Those pictures are gorgeous of all of you, she must just be a natural. Just remember all play and no work makes Jack a dull boy ;)

jenna said...

looks fun! having friends in the office makes SUCH a difference doesn't it? this summer has been light years away from the rest for us too! thanks goodness.

i forgot to text you back! jill is pregnant, with a boy due early january! we are so SO SO happy considering she's been pregnant THREE times in the last year. dave is pumped about it!

Ryan & Amanda said...

I am actually jealous of your summer! I have loved being here, but with you group you have, it would be so much fun there! And you do such fun things!!! I am completely jealous of the cruise! That will be soo much fun!