Saturday, August 15, 2009

my celebrity look alike?

I OFTEN get that I have a familiar face... 
honestly someone says that to me about once a week.
As far as celebrities go.. I USE to get Alanis Morissette (thank heavens that one hasn't surfaced in about 
8 years!)
.. and on  frequent occasions I get a comment that I resemble "kate"from "lost".. never have seen it, don't even know what she looks like.. but if she follows suit to my other look alikes.. plastic surgery is in my NEAR future plans

But the best "look alike" was discovered by my observant hubs when he saw the below picture of 
me.. 
sometimes we sit and take glam shots just for fun.. like this one..
don't hate... congratulate.. you know you're jealous of how photogenic we are.
(have you ever seen a more disgusting picture) 
Now.. back to business.. WHO do you think I resemble in this picture?
(hint: its not jennifer aniston, close though)
well.. according to my husband.. 
its...
MELMAN!
(from madagascar)
I'm gonna have to give him props on that one.. i can totally see it, finally.. a look alike i agree with! 

As I've mentioned recently.. Brooke (my SIL) is leaving us the day after tomorrow to enter civilization again.. 
I'm gonna miss havin her just around the corner.
For her last hooray in Indy.. she chose to hit the ZOO with all us girlies one more time!

Dolphin show

why does this little trick never get old with me? ok.. so i'm 14 still. 
(i taught the girls how to make hillbilly teeth out of mamba candies)

 a bit more dignified...

Now for the flavor of the day..
Save'n a lil treat for all you la-dee's out there... 
i felt selfish just savoring this for myself while i was people watching at the zoo today
Jeremy's birthday is in a few months.. i'm considering these little numbers. 
help me decide?!! 

Oh how i'll miss seeing this sweetest of sweet faces everyday. 
Love you my sweet girl.
we'll miss you brooke & ady
*see you soon*

18 comments:

Jessica said...

OH my word, I just have to say thanks for that post. It was hilarious and made me feel good to laugh so hard. You are a riot, I love it!

jenna said...

hahha ! so funny!

something i admire about you is your ability to laugh at yourself and not take yourself to seriously. it's an awesome quality.

Heidi Bitsch said...

Wow, that is a pretty uncanny look alike to Melman. LOL! I do have to say though, that if you are having people say that you look like Kate from "Lost" that is a good thing and as far as I know, no plastic surgery there. :) And to add to the look alike game, has anyone told your husband that he looks like Gerard Butler? (the guy that played the Phantom) And I love the hilbilly teeth, what an awesome and fun idea!

Ashley said...

OH my HAHAHAHAHA! The Melvin face, it's great!

Will and Heidi said...

Hi Kate, so Funny, Funny. So why are you in Indy? I forgot.

Hay and J said...

That is soo funny! What an abserveant husband! You r so cute Katie! When r you guys leaving Indy?

Wendi Oyler said...

ok, that was funny and I love that you guys take pics just for fun. I love all the random pictures and the updates!

Lacie and Jared said...

OMG... you are not funny.... OKAY OKAY you are the funniest person I know... well except for ME and US when we are together! HA HA LOL LOVE YOU BOTH! Can't wait to see you-

Meradith said...

Ok so I'm sitting here and then I hear Jason bust up laughing out loud from across the room, and he says, "come here you've got to look at this!" And he was totally looking at your melman comparison. SO funny. Also we were wondering who took all your cool artsy pics! We wanna do some fun pics but are kinda bored with the same 'ol stuff. You are beautiful. I love your blog. Not because you're beautiful, (I'm not that shallow) but mostly because you're funny.

crystal carlson said...

Those shorts are awesome--I think every guy needs at least 1 pair of those! The Melvin face is too funny & I love the pictures of the hillbilly teeth--we used to do that too!

Cassi said...

Totally melman for sure ;-) I'm super sad I missed the zoo with the girls! Would have loved to do that, looks like fun! I too will be missing brooke like crazy!!

Tanya said...

I thought you did that real celebrity look-a-like test and when I saw the real picture I laughed so hard! You guys are so funny!!!

nicole said...

Ha! Makes me miss you so much! I can't believe youre coming home and I'll miss you by 1 day. Dang. Love you!

Judy said...

I don't know how I missed this, but yesterday we met Holl for lunch and they were laughing about it and we were talking bout how stinking cute you are. I just looked and LAUGHED SO HARD! OMG I am so glad that I know you! WhaT A BLESSING! You are the best!

Unknown said...

That is such a sweet picture of Addy! Your celebrity look alike photos were precious too Kate ;) that hilarious! Okay you can't beat this one though - I was once told I look like the horrible hair dresser in Legally blond (you know the one who looks like she is plastic surgery gone wrong). How do you respond to something like that! We love Lost and Kate is just so naturally gorgeous and I can see the resemblance, everyone knows your gorgeous though!

Unknown said...

So I pretty much laughed the entire time I read this post. Thanks for posting, it made my day! Sorry to hear that Brooke is leaving you guys. That isn't too fun. But you guys sure had a great time when you were living so close!

Anonymous said...

Ok so when you said celebrity look alike I actually thought you were going to be talking about Jeremy, I think he looks just like clive owen, recently he's been in duplicity. So I was thinking, yes...other people also think he looks like that. Also, I always laugh at your blogs (Ryan gives me weird looks), you are too funny.

Amber said...

Kate you are freakin hilarious. That's all I'm gonna say. Oh and that I love ya!!!! Your posts always seem to brighten my day that much more.