Saturday, March 21, 2009

just a saint week


..... st patrick's day  &  st george .....

First and foremost.. I want to wish my beautiful MOM a Happy Birthday!! She is a St.Patricks Day birthday girl... so NO ONE.. EVER forgets her birthday.. but we wouldn't anyway mom! Hope it was a great day! Wish we could have been there! 
LOVE you suwee.

(wow... must have been hilarious)



Last weekend Chels, Gord & Tydon came and stayed the night with us... even though they live in Utah now.. I love it!  and Friday night we rang in St. Patty's Day early with a GREEN dinner.


The bro's re-united! 
Jeremy, Nelson, and JC after the jazz game... best high school friends & college roommies 

At the Jazz game on St. Patricks Day... apparently I was the ONLY one that remembered it was St. Patty's Day... either that or Jeremy was right when he said people stop dressing up in green when they are about 12. 

not sure what to label this one... but hey, they are from blackfoot


so fun to see these girls, brings back the good ol poky days. i was roommates with Hayley my last year of college, and JC was rooming with Jeremy... we set them up and the rest is history.. their kids can thank us later. 
Who's the leprechaun?




Lace kicked our trip to St. George off right with a jaw breaker in cheek... while slurping a Double Gulp 

... and MR was the hit all weekend. such a good boy & LOVED the hike.
 have i ever mentioned that i love this kid!


Peace, Love, and War

stayed with grams again. wish we could have seen her more.. she had to take off for a wedding the morning after we got there.. but THANKS for letting us stay grammie.. love you love you love you.



We hiked in Zions National park... 


...... Did I mention that we were a TINY mislead by my bro in law JARED that there may quite possibly be a water hole at the end of our hike that we could swim in. Lace and I had the fab idea planned to lay out at the end of our hike in the 80 degree St. George weather. So Cali-geared up we headed for the mountains and the water. You betcha... SWIM SUITS, BEACH SKIRTS, and even threw on a couple cute pairs of dangly earrings.
Never in my worst nightmares have I gotten so many ridiculous and awe struck stares from people in the appropriate TEVA & North Face  gear... I mean come on... my skirt is FLORAL print... AHHHH. I could die just thinking about it. I'm really not one to get embarrassed real easily, but after about the 20th head turn I could have crawled in a tarantula hole and die. (we did take off our earring about 2 minutes up the mountain) 
So... when we finally reached the infamous "water hole"..  we were greeted by a great big sign.."NO SWIMMING"... and the water was a dark brown/green color and about 2 feet deep, not to mention at the top of the mountain it had rapidly reached a teeth chattering 40 degrees with snow spotting the red rock. and you guessed it.. NO JACKETS, we were expecting the beach at the peak of grueling hike I guess... our husbands couldn't have enjoyed it more... not the hike.. lace and I's foolish "legally blonde" actions. 
I have to defend us by saying we really are NOT the frilly.. prom dress while you hike... pink addicted ladies we acted like this weekend, but we learned our lesson. Next time Zions Park meets us.. our TEVA's will be shined up... our bandannas strapped to our foreheads, and we'll leave the floral and levi skirts at the pool. 
MORAL OF THE STORY... Zions Park DOES NOT have a swimming watering hole.


It really was gorgeous, and so fun! 


at our watering hole, about to dive in. ha.

19 comments:

C.B. said...

Katie, please, next time you hike go with the prom dress, just to find out how much more people turn their heads to look at you.

Funny.

Camille said...

I hate to contradict you, but I'm sure the heads were turning becuase of how stinkin' cute you girls are!

Chelsi said...

Looks like you had fun! That's a great story, next time just go to the pool :) Can't wait to see you this week!

Bon said...

Fun Fun Fun! We have yet to do much n Zion's but hopefully after this baby comes we can hit it up! Looks like a fun and nothing wrong with the hiking skirt. I am sure those hikers were making mental notes to look more fab next time they hiked a rugged rocky terrain also!HA!:)

Ashley said...

hahah, you kill me! I loved that! What a great laugh. Looks like lots of fun this Saint of a week...
Oh man, I'm still laughing. All dressed up in green and prom dresses...your great. Your kids are going to LOVE YOU!

Ashley said...

P.S. I LOVE all of your new family pictures. You are so beautiful.

VicandNanc said...

I LOVE Zion's! ...and I TOTALLY can't see you getting embarrased! haha! I have to tell you something sad & funny... I normally check my blogs when I'm bored at work & I just started a new job that has a "cyber-sitter" on the internet & I can open up everyone's blog, but yours!!! You X-rated blogger! :) haha! Funny, but sad because it will be rare I have time to check yours!

crystal carlson said...

Looks like you had a great week! I love the pictures of you dressed up in all green! The hiking story was too funny--thanks for sharing!

SueAnn said...

That sounds like a lot of fun! it is a fantastic place to go. 80 degrees is sounding really nice right now...

Amber said...

Ha ha that is a great story. I can't see you being that person who wears the skirt on a hike so I can definitely see how you could be embarassed. Oh and by the way I still dress up in green for St Patty's day. I don't know what they're talking about!!!

Unknown said...

I just love reading your blog! Your posts are so fun, and they inspire me to take more pictures! It looks like you guys have had a lot of fun with family and friends over the last few weeks. And I'm all about the wearing green on St. Patrick's Day thing. I'll do it till I die!

Unknown said...

I have to admit I still wear green on St. Patty's day too! I love it! I love anything you can do to celebrate. Happy Birthday to your amazing mom! Looks like you've been having a blast!

Unknown said...

I love Zions National Park, I went hiking "the narrows" before and it was awesome. At least you looked hot while doing it, that's all that really matters ;)
I love how you get decked out in green on Saint Patty's day, I wore green too (just not nearly so cute and all out). I love how you always have fun no matter what your doing.

Judy said...

I'm dyeing to hear about the policeman story!!!!!

Katie!! said...

haha you are TOO CUTE!! i love your floral dress...totally sounds like something i would do!
nelson hardly ever looks at blogs but i told him he was in this one and he starts reading it, is smiling, and then suddenly stops and asks me sternly, "what does she mean 'can't think of a caption for this one, they are from blackfoot'??" i explained to him that you were just politely pointing out that boys from blackfoot are crazy! haha! but we all still married them right? :)

Becca and Jared Anderson said...

Katie--

I luv ya!! You are too dang cute!! You know that???? I love all your pictures!!!

Hay and J said...

i'm having a twlight party tomorrow during the march madness game. We are watching the movie at my house. Hope you can come!

jen said...

Hey Katie, what a small world huh! My mom told me you worked at her dentists office a while ago, so its fun to catch up with you. We love hiking in Utah. So beautiful!!

Shelley said...

First off,..could that picture of you and Jeremy at the top of your blog be any cuter?! Secondly,..I think it's great that you are all about wearing GREEN on St. Pattys! I totally do too! Someone's gotta carry on the fun traditions in life. Lastly, I am so PRO BLOG! I read your post below about people complaining about "idealistic" blogs, but heck,..we all need to remember the sweet things in our lives. In my book I think about 99% of things that are going on are good, why not focus on all of that goodness?! :) Plus it helps us (the blogger) remember what the important stuff in life is all about. Love reading your blog!