Friday, March 13, 2009

blog on!

***disclaimer:  yes, its friday night... i'm posting a non-picture, pretty ridiculously lame post.. why? thought you would never ask! because i'm at the byu library with jeremy watching him study. never a dull friday night with the Calls, i'll tell you what

let's chat. 

i don't consider myself a "blog freak".. you know blogging 10 hours a day (seriously, more power to you if that's what you enjoy doing), although i'll be the first to admit i think its one of greatest invention of all time (next to cucumbers in vinegar). i love reading ALL your blogs, keeping up with your cute children/spouses/vacations/etc.  keeping up with friends i NEVER see.
with that in mind... i have my full body armor on ready to defend any bloggers in need of defense.
 
i have overheard a few discussion by random people... and have read a few things as i have surfed various blogs that i'm not too down with.  so lets get jiggy with it..... 
(side note... this is not meant to be a negative post, just want to back ALL my blogger hommies up out there)

"blogs are for people who want to brag about themselves and how perfect their life is"

"people try to make their life sounds so perfect in blogland"

"blogs are a perfect way to live in a fairy tale land, and fool other people to believe you are liv'n the dream"

"no one wants to hear about your going to the grocery store, or how delightful your moonlight walk was"

....etc.....

sound familiar?? ..... heard or read any of these or something similar??

i'm sure my opinion makes a HEEP of difference to you all... but .... well, i'm here for you ladies (and gentlemen).  BLOG ON... brag on ... exaggerate on... to your hearts content.... cuz you know why

ITS YOUR BLOG... its your website. 

whether you blog to journal, to scrapbook, or even if you blog to escape reality... flaunt it how you want it girl! it's your time to shine... and everyone's sunshine is completely different. don't let anyone tell you or make you feel like you can't spice up your blog life!  do and say whatever you darn well please.  if it makes you feel better to talk about the "grand" ... "fantabulous" things going on in your life, and sometimes even sugar coat them... more power to ya sugar.   


as for me, i consider myself an optimist.. for the most part (don't get me wrong, occasionally i have to walk up hill in the snow both ways!) and i think everyone knows NO ONE's life is perfect, but when i sit down by jeremy with ESPN blazing in the background, and start posting on my cheesehead blog... the positive things are what MOST often come to mind to record, not those rare times i want to drop kick that cute hubs of mine. ha. 

therefore... as you are blog surf'n.... 
just grab a diet coke, or crystal lite.. or bud lite for that matter (okay maybe not that one, but just make it sugar free for heck sake) and don't worry about how perfect someone else is trying to make their life sound, and on the other end of things.. don't worry about what you write... write what your digg'n at that particular moment. 
read blogs as novels or just enjoy the pictures, whether it be fiction or non-fiction... or don't read it at all, your choice.  i mean gosh... come one.. at least i'm giving you two choices there! ha.  
(as if i have a say)  
but then again.. i do have a say... Cuz this is MY blog. ha. 

again.. not meant to be negative.. hope you took all this as lightly as i have... 
but seriously..  if people are going to spend the time talking about how lame blogs are .... and how people SHOULD blog.... and how people are being fake through blogging ... i'm going to throw my 2 cents right back at cha

so like i said BLOG on...  


**yes, i obviously had a long time to do nothing in the library. and no, i'm not bitter toward anyone at all.. actually just laughing out loud that i  have even spent time writing this non-sense...  just had some time to kill, ha) 

have a good night blogland






25 comments:

Judy said...

Kate. Ya made me smile. You are the best. I love this. It is true. Blog whatcha want and if I had good things happnin' I surely would flaunt it. LOL!!!! Ya get what I'm saying. Thanks so so so much for coming to the hospital and what did the nurse say???? Just wondering. Love ya.

Ryan & Amanda said...

I totally agree. I tend to use mine as a journal and while I want to record some of the not so fun things, mostly I want to remember the fun positive things and I totally love reading about everyone else's lives whether they are awesome or not. Love the post and love that you are at the library watching Jeremy study!

Tanner and Stephanie said...

Kate you are such a hoot. I just love ya & love reading about all the happiness in your life!!

Erin said...

Mmmmm. Sugar free Bud Light. My very favorite! :)

crystal carlson said...

I definitely agree with you--everyone can and should blog about what they want! If everyone just blogged about the negative things going on in their life then it would be sad and depressing and we get enough of that just by watching the news! I'm glad that everyone is so positive on their blogs because we know that everyone has lousy days, so it's nice to see something fun and positive!

the Petterson Family said...

Oooo mama! check out your hot new blog pics! that's true. thanks for being an optimist. Let's flaunt it!

jenna said...

i'm totally guilty of this. i could care LESS what other people say on their blog but i have all these rules about what i can say or what i can portray. i get self conscious that there is too much Quinn on my blog ALL the time, then i have to remind myself: it's my freaking blog! :) love the post. LOVE the new pics.

Celeste Tabakece said...

I love you and all of your happiness. I like to blog about the greatness in my life...but also all the craziness that my kids get into. Plus I wouldn't want to forget that my son just colored all over the walls and I wasn't even mad one bit :) Love you!

Holly said...

Kate... thanks for writing this!! I just love you for so many reasons. Here's to all the blog loving optomism going on here! :) You are the best!!

Camille said...

You are too funny! It's true, though. I decided long ago never to cater to anyone's "feelings." My blog is my blog, and if anything I write sounds stupid, or offensive, that's just too bad! I am just going to tell it how it is, which, for the most part, happens to be pretty good! Oh, and I'm glad to hear that your life isn't TOTALLY perfect. I was beginning to think it was, but it only made me love ya more! (: I love hearing about all the wonderful things you and Germ do together, and how much you adore the boy. It really is nice to read!

Heidi Bitsch said...

I seriously don't know why I did not spend more time hanging out with you while I was in Pocatello. Probably because you were busy with hygiene school. :) But, you are such a funny person. I love reading you blog, even the random, get your blog on, no picture posts. :)

Chelsi said...

We just had this conversation :) I totally agree and love my cute honest friend. I loved hangin out with you yesterday... thanks for everything WE OWE you for EVERYTHING!! Next time we'll try to get more sleep!! Can't wait to see you again real soon. Hope Germ does good on his test* Love you guys!

C.B. said...

Amen sista...by the way, I ADORE YOUR NEW PICS!

Court and Brade said...

Kate, that was a totally hilarious and TRUTHFUL post... I loved it, and it made me laugh! I know, sometimes when I am posting, I think... Ahh.. is that too much info, does anyone really really care, etc???/ But then I think, "Oh well.. It is MY blog, and if no one cares, that's okay, cause I want to post what I am thinking right now!" Anyway, AMEN to that post. I loved it! Cute pics by the way, I saw them on your FB, that photographer did a FAB job. You guys look great. Hope things are going well! Is Jeremy selling again this summer? We're down for another summer again! We say this is our last.. . ha ha we'll see! You know how summer sales go. We're headin to Dallas this year.

Clayton & Charish Hubbard said...

Katie, absolutely love this post!! Blogs are amazing! It's been fun to look at our blog over a year ago and remember the things we did last year. Plus my blog is a little bit more fun and entertaining than my boring journal. and if you want to brag... more power to ya!!

Bon said...

AMEN !!! I totally agree and am so glad you blogged about it!

Hanna in the Hizzzouse.. said...

Thanks Kate. I have had a few people let me know that I am trying to make my life sound perfect, and it is far from. I just love to blog about what I love, and if that make someone feel like my life it perfect, then flog them. TEEHEE.. like my made up swear word??? I feel like a REBEL! Loved the post and I love the cute new pic's of you and GERM!

Evan and Savannah McBride said...

Haha! Kate I love this, you crack me up. And I definitely recognize a few of those comments, hmmmm.....wonder where they could have come from? :)

Amber said...

I am right there with ya optimist! Blogging is whatever you want to make it. It makes me happy when I sit down at my computer with diet pepsi ready to share to my friends the fun thing that I did over the weekend. Or a positive thought to share. Blogging puts me in a positive mood. It gives me the chance to be my cheesy self or to be proud of my life by blogging about my family. I'm just a happy person! SO i'm going to blog about my happiness. What's the shame in that? Nothing!! Blogging is like a big scrapbook that takes less time than actual paper. And people just get to look at it everyday. I love looking at everyone's blogs. I have so many friends I never see so I praise the person who created it! Love ya Kate! You made my day!

Mandy said...

VERY well put Katie. Have I told you that I just LOVE you?! You are so sweet, sensitive, caring and loving. Thank you!!! For being you and sharing it with the rest of us in your blogland. ( which I am a fan of )

Here's to being optimistic!!!!!

Emily said...

AMEN!!!

Another great thing about blogging. It is like catching up with an old friend without having to talk quietly in the closet while your baby is sleeping.

Unknown said...

I love this post, I've thought about how blogs make everyone's lives look perfect. I haven't had anyone tell me blogs are dumb because people want to make it seem like their lives are perfect. I have some friends who actually blog about bad things all the time but they are able to laugh about it. For me, a blog is like a digital scrapbook that you are able to share with friends and family (a great way to stay in touch), who wants to hear someone whine about their life all the time? I feel like I am an optimist also, I seriously feel like the more I point out the great the more I see it and the less I see of the bad. Positive breeds positive feelings, negative breeds negative feelings. I've found this to be so true in my marriage, the more I tell my husband all the great things he does and vice versa it makes me want to do better. Anyway I'm totally going off, I'm doing my own little post on your comments but I just feel like life is to short to sweat the small stuff, LIVE LIFE TO THE FULLEST and by golly blog about it!

Britney O'Connor said...

I completely agree. I post about EVERYTHING (sometimes I even have to take them down cause Aaron tells me I share a little too much) haha. Life is NEVER perfect and many blogs seem to claim it is. Thanks for this post girlie!

whit said...

You are so funny!! It's totally true though, I have heard it over and over again!! I find blogs inspiring, especially yours!!

Katie Lee said...

I Love love love that you posted this. I have heard so many of the same comments- and I'm the same way. I don't want to blog about all my bad days, my tears, my heartache, or pain I may be feeling. I find joy in sharing those things in my life that bring me happiness- the fun, the exciting, the exxagerated (and sometimes the normal everyday things that just make you smile!) I love your blog and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it when other people brag about their lives... because lets face it, we all have so much to be brag about... and to be grateful for!!!