Sunday, March 8, 2009

St. George

We went to see one of my very favorite people this weekend in St. George. My Grandma Wadsworth.  She is the youngest... most talented... most beautiful 89 year old I know! Jeremy & I had so much fun staying with her. My mom and dad were also down there visiting so we went "site seeing" with them.. and also got to hang out with my aunt and uncle for a few days. So many historical sites that were so interesting to visit, and oh my... fantab weather.

Head'n out.



Grandma Wadsworth (my mom's mom)... isn't she gorgeous? She made my wedding cake a year and a half ago when she was 88, incredible. If I'm as hip to the hop as her when I'm almost 90... I'll be doin barney jumps all around town.


Jeremy and I went to the Mountain Meadows Massacre Memorial Grave Site. Very neat to be there. I had heard about it.. but Germ taught me tons more about it. 

My M & D, Jeremy & I went on a tour through Jacob Hamblin's home and learned a lot about him. My dad has read a few books about him, so kinda gave us a preface about his life before we went, so it was neat to be in his home and try to imagine his life, and learn about how amazing he really was.  
Mom & Jer by the peach tree's outside Jacob Hamblin's home.

D, M, & me outside Brigham Young's Winter Home

"Seven Wives Inn".... right across from B.Y.'s Home

Uncle Larry, Aunt Kaye, M, D, Grandma, Me, Jer

My cute Aunt Kaye. Love her to death. 

You think my mom would take it easy on my Grandma.. being slightly elderly and all... but nope.. just latch on to those cheeks of hers mom. 

St. George Temple. Beautiful.


19 comments:

gibsonsthree said...

Katie, I just talked to your Dad & Grandma in Lake Havasu. I guess your Mom & Dad had just arrived there. They are looking forward to their visit. It looks like you had a lot of fun in St. George. Looking at your pictures brought back memories of when we were there. Glad you had a great time. How Fun!!

P.S. We are coming to Utah next week, maybe we can get together?

Holly said...

Oh my!! Do I have great memories of Grandma W!!! :) She is def. the cutest, sweetest & fun grandma ever!! So fun Kate! PS When are you moving & where??

C.B. said...

My gosh, your grandma is gorgeous! She looks amazing. So...um are you ever home, you travel like crazy girl!

Judy said...

I love St. George. Glad you had fun. Your Grandma looks amazing. She is so cute. I know where you get it!!!!

Bon said...

You hit some really neat sites! There is a little valley city called Pinedale out kind of by Mountain meadow that is so fun to tour Looks like you had a lot of fun!!

Chelsi said...

Glad you had fun and your back!! Can't believe I might actually get to see you once a week for real now :) Hopefully we'll see you tonight!!

Amber said...

Oh how fun! That picture of you and your grandma is so cute. SHe is a cute grandma!

Unknown said...

Your grandma really is gorgeous, she looks great! I love the picture with the girls (your aunt, mom, grandma and you), you are all so cute! How fun, you guys are always going on these awesome get-away trips, it's like your life is one big vacation!!!
That is so neat that you got to see Winter Quarters. John D. Lee is my Great Great Grandfather and there are so many different versions of the story but one of my grandpa's life goals have been to tell his grandfathers story (he wrote a book). It was such a tragic incident and someone had to take the blame (although my ggg never shot one bullet and the government trying to get him to implicate Brigham Young). Anyway sorry for going off, that is so cool you got to see all the sites. Are you thinking about taking residence in the Seven Wife Inn?

Unknown said...

Random
Okay I just had to clear up my last comment. It wasn't the government but the prosecutors of the case that wanted John D. Lee to implicate President Young (along with Young's "enemies"). Anyway... yep

the Petterson Family said...

Crazy, we used to go with my Dad when he trimmed trees at the Jacob Hamblin Home! Looks like you had fun. Is the tree split in half by lighting still at the Brigham Young Home?

VicandNanc said...

Wow, that picture of the temple is awesome. We were going to go down there this summer, but changed our mind... it looks like there is a lot more to see wih history than I realized! I can't believe how much you look like your aunt & grandma! Once again... CUTE family!

VicandNanc said...

P.S.... I can't wait to see the pictures of your fam! We are hoping to get a big family picture when we get together on Easter. I wish she was in town then! (in SLC!)

Maxfield Family said...

Thats great that you guys get to travel so much. Your Grandma is so cute.

crystal carlson said...

Looks like an awesome weekend! I've never been to St. George, but I definitely want to go now--especially with all of that warm weather :) Your grandma is absolutely beautiful and seems like such an awesome lady!

Wendi Oyler said...

I forgot all about your hip to the hop saying. I'm still chuckling. I've got to use it on Tim tonight.
At least your still hip to hop too!

Neal and Angie said...

It seems like you guys are always traveling...so jealous! But glad your enjoy life while you can! Your going to be just as cute an hip as your Grandma when you're old! It runs in the genes!

jenna said...

had no idea you were there this weekend. what a coincidence. looks fun!

Becca said...

My favorite part of this post is Kath-Kath-Kathy squeezing her mother's cheeks. Oh, Kathy.

You're right, Katie--your grandma's a babe.

Mandy said...

Oh my word I so see were you and your mom get all this beauty from. Your Grandma!!

Katie you could easily be a natural model. You are SO healthy and Vibrant. You're gorgeous girl!

Glad you had such a fantabulous time with your family.