Wednesday, July 20, 2011

california spice girls

about a year ago i totally copied my friends from Idaho and started a RECIPE GROUP, 
and it has been so fun meeting up once a month to learn and try new recipes.

we named ourselves 
THE SPICE GIRLS
(tell me what cha want what cha really really want!)

we have a blog that we put the recipes on so we can refer to them any time we need a quick idea
(i'll share that blog with y'all when i get it updated and put all the new recipes on!! it needs a face lift before i start sharing it with my e-friends)

a different girl hosts recipe group every month, and then 3-4 girls contribute a recipe for the night. and we all eat til we are moaning sick.

rachel hosted this last night, and i must say... no offense to past recipe nights... 
THIS one was my FAVORITE so far.. 
prolly has to do with the fact that i could LIVE on pizza alone.

homemade pizza was the theme
and these girls worked their magic with fancy pantcy pizzas

we had about 5 different kinds of pizzas, and a fruit pizza for dessert, but i only got a few pictures before they were demolished :) 

greek style pizza 














veggie style



and... this is what i contributed to the night. 
i'm safer... ok, lets be honest.. everyone is safer if i just stick to bringing items unrelated to cooking
(but i am trying to cook more and be more domestic, don't give up on me just yet! poor germ)































this is rachel, the host from last night.
she supplied the crust and cheese for all the pizzas, and then had these amazing Italian sodas for us to make ourselves. lip smack'n good, i tell ya what.

since i've been back from my month vacay in idaho, 
i must admit, i've been in a bit of a homesick rut.. 
haven't really felt myself, and have missed family terribly.
BUT.... 
i'm back! 
back on the california band wagon, full force.
and these girls are to blame for it. life savers.

AND its helps that we have been to the beach and/or the pool daily.. and like i said in my previous post.. there is just something about being at the beach that is truly therapeutic.

thanks spice girls.. for spice'n up my life. 
JUST what i needed!

7 comments:

Erin Collins said...

How did I not know we're called the Spice Girls?! Just the spice I need in my life down here too :) I'm going to steal some of your pictures...

Holly said...

Cute name! You better be posting that blog address so we can all enjoy the yummy recipes! :) SO FUNA!

Mandy said...

Katie I seriously need to get on the recipe group band wagon! I SO feel you on missing my family, it's hard being so far away from them. Glad to hear you've found some fun friends....Spice girls! LOL. Love it.

Will and Heidi said...

Kate, you take the best pictures! I just looked and read your last few blog entries and I love it!

Shannon Dooley said...

That's awesome! I'm glad you've made such a good friends out there. Love the recipe group name. Very clever!

Ashley said...

Your pretty good at looking cute though, so I would say "not poor germ!"

Megan Marie said...

love this! and i just convinced tanner to go get pizza. we're off!