Saturday, January 29, 2011

Tomato, Tomatoe, Potato, Potatoe

Crochet..Croquet

all the same, right?

so, i'm no stranger to occasionally updating the world on what i am currently doing on my Facebook status. 
and unfortunately,  i'm no stranger to occasionally sharing with the world that sometimes my spelling needs to be double/triple checked, darn it.
today, we were invited by some friends to a CROQUET tournament, 
and obviously, i felt like this was "status update worthy" .. i mean COME ON.. 
how many croquet tournaments have you been invited to? 
see. i thought so! 
so about an hour before heading to the big tourney, i get on facebook and write the following:
"so sad i just dropped my mom off at the airport, but i've got to pull it together for my CROCHET tourney in a few hours"
CROCHET tourney??? 
yup, i had the facebook world a-buzzin about that one i'm sure. what have you all been missing out on? how can i be cool enough to be invited to one of those bad boys?  how good of a crocheter must kate be to be invited to a tournament?"
 ... all questions i'm sure that were swimming around in your minds...
well, the truth is, probably only 1-3 people cared enough to even read my update.. don't worry, i am not conceded enough to think the "facebook world would be a-buzzin" about my update no matter what it said.
BUT 
no matter who read it.. even if it was only my sister
 (who i KNEW would pounce on my OOPS as soon as she realized it!) 
i felt like a moron.. and rightfully so. 
pretty sure jeremy won't let me live that one down for a while.
"that's what you get for updating that silly thing anyway"
... that's the comfort i got from that guy  i call my sweet friend. :)  ... but i have to admit.. 
he's right! 
as soon as i realized what i had done, and could pull myself together after laughing so hard i was crying.. and in-between texts from my sister.. i erased the status as quick as my speedy crocheting fingers would allow me.


anyway..the tournament was so fun!
 i did awesome.. i came in LAST place.
but jeremy, on the other hand, swooped the nation!
won the grand prize! 




d was a good sport during the intense tourney 



Alice & Corbin (and Daxton)
were the cute friends that put this fun night together.

and they made us a delicious panini dinner after the stressful event! 

and Rachel made creme brulee
words cannot describe.

Corbin awarding Jeremy with his grand prize!
their cheesehead grins are priceless. what goobs

even after my facebook mishap, and dropping my mom off at the airport..
it was such a great night! 

thanks Clawsons! 

7 comments:

Erin said...

I'm still chuckling about your crochet tournament... Next time you have one, I want to be invited!

Judy said...

That is to dang funny! Looks like it was a blast tho! :}

Holly said...

Kate! Who hasn't posted a facebook spelling error?! Ha! I LOVE it! And I do think you are the queen of crochet, I mean look at those mean flowers you can whip up! I love you.

Look at D's CURLY Q hair too! EEK! I La-la LOVE it too!!!

The croquet tourney looks like a blast! You guys have some awesome friends. I'm so glad! THey end up being more like family when you are so far from home. Miss you.

Designing Woman said...

I CAN'T believe you didn't share that little facebook nugget with us at the "crochet tourney" :)

We wouldn't have laughed at you, well...

You did great, nothing to be ashamed of.

Stephanie Wadsworth said...

I have to admit kate I saw that status last night and I checked your blog this morning waiting for pictures of you with lots of yarn .... but this looks fun too!!!

a-hyde said...

looked like that was a fun night!
What a cute idea!

Jenn said...

I laughed when I saw your facebook posts. Next time you come to Idaho you, me, Nat, and your mom can have a crocheting tournament for real. It will be awesome, whoever crochets the most hats in an hour is the winner! :)