Monday, January 19, 2009

happy late anniversary, & misc.....

I have to rewind to the beginning of January... JANUARY 8... and wish my wonderfully fantastic parents a big fat HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! 
I know I post about how great they are quite a bite.. but I could never really explain through words or a silly blog how truly wonderful they are.  I am the youngest of 6 children... therefore.. being on the tail end of things, I was able to have a couple of years with these two cute people ALL to myself. I was the only child left at home throughout my last few years of high school and my first year of college, and although I love my siblings to death, I wouldn't trade that time alone with my parents for ANYTHING! During those couple of years I grew extremely close to the both of them, and they both became my very best friends in the entire world, and our friendship/relationships have only gotten sweeter since then!  It really is true that you grow to appreciate so many things about your parents the older you get, huh??!! Other than my sweet husband, there is no other people I would rather spend my time with. They make me laugh, can comfort me like no one else, guide me through any trial, and continue to teach me through their words and their actions about the things that are eternally important in this life. 
I have told them both this before, but I can only hope my children feel the same about me as I feel for them.  

I love you mom & padre! Hope you enjoyed "Bride Wars" on your anniversary, still makes me laugh that's what you went and saw that day!  ;)   

This is mostly for them, so skip reading this if you want! ... but here are just 38 reasons they are the greatest people in the world

1.  mom: hilarious 
2. dad: best cook - always putting random foods together and making them taste fantastic!
3. mom: positive - even when you want her to be negative, she makes you see the positive
4. dad: determined - I dare you to tell him he can't do something
5. mom: easy to talk to 
6. dad: hard worker - too hard most of the time! Such a great work ethic!
7. mom:  up for anything, anytime.. spontaneous
8. dad:  he is the funnest person to tickle.. ridiculously ticklish 
9: mom: listens and doesn't always have to have the right answer
10: dad: loves the gospel and has taught us how important it is to have it as the focus of our lives
11: mom: so forgiving  
12: dad: motivated- the least lazy person I know
13: mom:  contagious laugh
14: dad: great teacher
15: mom: great sense of style
16: dad: can fix ANYTHING
17: mom: can sew like a maniac
18: dad: can apply something with the gospel into any conversation
19: mom: so supportive, never missed a silly basketball/softball game
20 dad: good sport around all of us morons, and thinks we are funny once in a while!
21: mom: great cook, and usually doesn't even need a recipe
22: dad: no worldly AT ALL 
23: mom:  cutest lady ever, I love it when people say I look like her!
24: dad: cutest man ever, I also Love when people say I look like him! 
25: mom:  
26: dad: can pull off being bald like very few men can!  One of my beehive instructors said, when I was 12 years old, "your dad doesn't need hair, he has gorgeous eyes" .. its true.
27: mom: can shop and find bargains like no other
28: dad: i love that he grew up on a farm, and i love that he loves taking care of his pigs and cows
29: mom: caregiver- by nature, my mom is a nurturer, I'm not going to lie, I milked being sick a few times just because she took such good care of me when I was sick... and always!  
30: dad: realistic- sometimes when I get stressed out and loose my head, he brings me back to reality
31: mom: loves her kids and grand kids and LOVES to be with them- doing whatever they are doing.
32: dad:  trustworthy- very few people i trust more than him
33: mom: keeps her house SO clean- my dad always says this is one thing he appreciates about her SO much 
34: dad: has always held the priesthood and has given me some of the sweetest blessings ever.
35: mom: blunt - don't ask her something unless you want to hear the flat out truth! I love this about her, no sugar coating
36: dad: always does what he says he will do... so dependable 
37: mom: happy- can make any day better just by talking to her.. people love being around her
38: dad: has always been the "disciplinarian"... but somehow found the perfect balance to discipline and still let us know he loved us.

HAPPY 38!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    



Jeremy and I were just talking about how we really need to cherish "good friends" because they don't come around too often.  You know.. the friends you can see yourself still wanting to hang out with for years to come..  And we were reminded of how lucky we are to have some of the friends we have as we spent some time with a few of our favorite couples this weekend.
 
Welcome to Utah... CHELS-GORD-& TYDON~~ WOOD
They just moved to Utah, and we are so excited. They came over for some homemade chicken noodle soup... and a little ROCK BAND! So we quite possibly stayed up until 2 in the morning with them rocking out! We are too old for those late nighters... holy hang over the next day! 


When your eyes and hair start looking like this... you're up too late! 



Amanda. Ryan. Alli. BOWLER
Some of the best people ever.. and great friends! We had Sunday dinner with them and played a little spades (amanda, who won again? too easy huh?!!) 
Their little girl Alli is seriously too cute, and when we went to dinner with them about a week ago, she was so funny with Jeremy, she would look at him and then look away all bashful... like she was flirting with him, she couldn't stop looking at him.... I guess I've got some competition! 

Couldn't keep her eyes off him at Olive Garden. I know the feeling. The cutest thing ever.

9 comments:

Holly said...

You DO have CUTE CUTE parents! Happy Anniversary Lon & Kathy! I sort of feel like I was the other baby of the Huls Family, lol, since we were togethere so much. :) Kate, you are too cute! I love your zest for life and you really have it all figured out, you are a great friend, so FUN & spiritual, I just LOVE reading your posts! Thanks goodness for great friends! :)

SueAnn said...

That was fun to read all those things about your parents, they are great people. I am so bummed that your dad isn't our Sunday School teacher anymore, he was SUCH a fantastic teacher!!! Happy Anniversary to them!!

Ashley said...

What a sweet tribute to your parents. And I too love great friends. Definitely to be cherished. It looks like you guys had a great time!

Judy said...

Happy Anniversay!!!!! And Kate, what a wonderful trubute. You are so thoughtful. Love ya Kiddo

Genessa said...

I will have to agree your parents are pretty cool. Your dad was the best stake president ever, he is so good with the youth. That is so amazing 38 years! Wow!
Good friends are amazing.

crystal carlson said...

Congrats to your parents--that's awesome! I know what you mean, I always feel so lucky to have such wonderful parents too! I loved seeing the pictures with you and your friends! It looked like so much fun and good friends really are priceless!

The Moulton Family said...

Spades! Travis and I play that all the time! It's one of our favorites. We are pretty good I might add.

Unknown said...

You always change your header and background, and you always have the cutest blog! Your parents sound really amazing and it looks like you had a blast rockin out! I loved your colorful place settings, must be the interior designer in you!

Becca said...

A few items of business:

1- um, I hope your mom doen't feel bad about #25. Sorry, Kath!
2- cute pictures of you and your friends, as usual, you photogenic little Hulsy-Wulsy.
3- wonderful tribute to your awesome parents--I loved reading it, and it's all true (except for the aforementioned #25)
4- (and most importantly) where is the infamous dancing video I keep hearing about? It's not fair that I didn't get to see it!