Sunday, December 7, 2008

wedding... babysitting....

CONGRATULATIONS......
KIM & KYLE Jacobs.....

They were married Friday December 5, 2008 in the Idaho Falls Temple! I couldn't be more excited for my cutest friend ever.... KIM! Kim and I went to dental hygiene school together, and then moved to Provo together right after we graduated. I just love her to death, and I don't know Kyle very well at all, but I already love him so much just because he loves my best friend so much, and makes her happier than I've EVER seen her.

Jeremy and I had the neatest experience as we sat in the sealing room with Kim and Kyle. It was such an overwhelming feeling to reflect on our own wedding day and be reminded of the sweet and eternal promises we made to each other that day. It really was the perfect day, but I do wish I could go back and just focus on soaking in every word that was said to us in the temple. I'm so sad to admit I can't really remember much of what was said during our sealing.. I guess my Adrenalin and excitement were both too much in overdrive to really focus on the words that were said. Don't get me wrong, the incredibly sweet feeling of confirmation and peace I was feeling in the temple that day are still as vivid now as they were then, but the details of the exact words are so blurry in my mind. But as I listened to Kim and Kyle get sealed, It was almost like a "reminder" for me. Hard to explain... but a neat experience! I love being in the temple.. each time I go it is really like my mind and heart are opened and reminded to focus on the "eternal perspective".
Jeremy and I were talking about how great of a feeling it is to be so purely happy for other people... there is nothing like it.... and this is how we feel for Kim and Kyle.


Chase and Brooke came to Utah to go to the Jazz game this last week, so we got to watch our sweet niece, ADY, while they were at the game! We had so much fun watching her, and pretending she was OURS while we were at the mall! We would claim her as our own any day!! What a sweet sweet little girl!

11 comments:

Ashley said...

She is a cute little girl! Oh, and I know what you mean about the temple. That's why I love going to weddings so much. It's a chance to be happy for them, but also to reflect on your own wedding and vows. That was a sweet and refreshing post to read!

jenna said...

i need to hold a call baby asap. come on you two.

SueAnn said...

I absolutely love going to temple weddings! It is a spiritual experience most everytime. What a cute little girl!!

Mike,Shar,Ryan,Rex said...

I am so happy for Kim I have only talked to her a couple of times, but I know she is such an awesome person, I am glad she found a great guy.

crystal carlson said...

I LOVE going to weddings--there's always so much joy involved! She sounds like a great friend! Your niece is soooo cute!

whit said...

How fun... sealings are awesome! I totally went to school with Brady. They are an awesome family.

Kate Call said...

small world.. funny that you know them! yeah brady just got home from his mission last week! he's a funny kid! i love their whole family, kim is like a sister!

Court and Brade said...

Kate, funny that you left me that comment, cause I was going to check your blog and leave you a comment... cause my mom just told me last night that she met you! That was sweet of you to introduce yourself! :) Oh and by the way, your niece Ady is adorable... and her mom is Brooke right? Brooke and my cousin, Becca Meikle, were really really good friends growing up.. and I guess they are still good friends! all the connections, gotta love em! Do you know Becca?

Missy said...

Looks like you guys had a fun weekend. I actually know Kyle, I had a class with him a couple years ago. He used to always talk about flying and stuff, he's a dang nice guy.

Wendi Oyler said...

I love your blog, its alway updated! That little girl is adorable, guess its time for another cute Call baby.

Unknown said...

I totally know what you mean about loving to go to sealings and reflecting on your own marriage, I love it! I had a hard time remembering everything that was said in our sealing too, I wrote everything down in my journal that I could remember... which wasn't much. It was really special because my grandpa flew up to seal us, he has sealed almost forty of his grandkids now! Addy is TOO CUTE, Brook always has her in the cutest things EVER! You two are going to be the cutest parents ever, you will have such gorgeous children!