Monday, November 29, 2010

thanksgiving

Thanksgiving was unique this year.. 
but maybe one of my favorites.. 
This is the first year EVER that I haven't been "home" for Thanksgiving.
but we got super lucky and spoiled and my parents came to spend it with us! 
so it was just the 5 of us...

also.. this year my heart has NEVER be
en as close to bursting with gratitude as it was this year. for so many different reasons..
 but the main one is my little family. 
My sweet, healthy, perfect, tiniest friend, London.  
I knew I would love her, but NO ONE can explain just how much until you meet them..
it's almost painful to even try to put the feelings I have for her into words.
A joy i have never experienced until her. An overwhelming feeling of gratitude to my Father in Heaven for trusting us/blessing us with such a perfect person to be part of our family. 
I have said this a million times to Jeremy, and also to my parents..
"this mothering thing is what i amhere, and what i was made to do"
so grateful.
and of coarse for her sweet dad. my best friend.
i really am the luckiest girl in the world.
i should be the first to GIVE.. because i have been GIVEN and been blessed with so much!

this perfect face.. is what i LIVE for.. 
true happiness.. has a whole new meaning
 since my girlfriend came around.

oh, and her first 2 teeth starting poking through this weekend.
can you see them?! 
stop growing up! i've had it.


we took my dad to the marine corp air station museum..
and this is SUCH a typical picture of him. 
i LOVE it.
with his head up the tail pipe! ha!
ok, i know its not actually the tail pipe.. but it sounds the funniest to say it that way, right?
we knew he would love it.
 and i think my mom and i enjoyed it more than we thought we would.

while jeremy was at school,
we went on a tour through the mormon battalion museum.

panning for gold


we actually were planning on going out to dinner for thanksgiving just because there was only a few of us.. but my mom and dad decided last minute to pull whip up the full on turkey sha-bang.



and while dinner was a-brewin, we hit the beach and went surfing.

so cute to see my dad having so much fun in the water. he had way more energy than me in the ginormous waves that day. 

and my mom took care of D while we played in the water. Thanks mom :) 

my favorite picture of the weekend.
sweet kisses from grandpa


we went and ate on Coronado 
and d tried her first lemon, and loved it

Bob Hope Statue.. 


La Jolla Cove



London loves my mom and dad so much.. lights up around them.
but just might be completely obsessed with my dad.. 
its the sweetest thing in the world. 
she open-mouth grins every time he talks to her.
like mother, like daughter.

oh mom and dad.. 
it was so fun.
thanks for spending it with us.. 
we love you.

hope you ALL had such a wonderful Thanksgiving. 

6 comments:

Christa Skousen said...

I love what you said about motherhood. I feel the same way. No one can explain it to you...you just have to go through it. It's amazing. It looks like you guys had a wonderful thanksgiving! You look so beautiful.

Will and Heidi said...

I am so glad you got to spend Thanksgiving with your parents, at your place! How fun. Your pictures look great. You have a beautiful family.

Wendi Oyler said...

so jealous that you could go surfing on Thanksgiving. We were in Idaho FREEZING in a high of 7 degrees.

oh and London......gorgeous. seriously her eyes are to die for!

Shannon Dooley said...

I am loving the Bob Hope pictuers. London is growing so fast & getting prettier with every picture you post. She is seriously breathtaking Kate. Not surprising with you & Gerard Butler for parents. :) I completely understand loving your mini me so much it's painful. I am the same way. Every time I stop to really reflect on just how much she means to me, my heart literally feels like it will break. What a great thing it is to be a Mommy.

Judy said...

So fun...I'm glad you had a good one....so excited to see you on the 18th!

Meradith said...

Hi cute Kate girl!! Don't you love watching your baby with your parents?! It is the best. You look fabulous and that little London is beautiful. Miss you guys! And I'm jealous of that ocean. Luckies.