Monday, September 20, 2010

so blessed

one of those days where i just can't get enough of these two.
can't hold either one of them long enough.
can't help but tear up just thinking about them and how blessed I am.

i have been following a couple that lost their little girl, Preslee, in a drowning accident this summer.
 complete strangers, but I feel like i know them personally. 
i could only hope i would have half the strength, courage, hope, and faith they have had throughout this unimaginable trial. 

once you have a child, you are connected to all those who also have children because of that bond you share as mother/father/child. its indescribable, but doesn't have to be described because you FEEL it more than you have ever felt anything. it's so not "of this world".

my heart aches, my soul aches for them.
i pray for them so often. 
and i'm so incredibly grateful that this life is not the end.
i can't think of a sadder thought than only having a lifetime with my sweet friends.

i couldn't put london down today
even when she was sleeping i had to go get her,
 to kiss her, squeeze her, stare at her..  take it all in.  every SECOND is a gift. 








squeeze you're little friends.. 
and you're big friends a little tighter.
i know i will.
there is NOTHING more important than the sweet relationships and bonds we have with each other... those bonds will last far long than we can even comprehend. 

9 comments:

Ashley and Paul Giddings said...

Just read pat and ashley's whole blog...balling my eyes out! They are living my greatest fear! But I feel inspired now to be a better mother, a better wife, and a better person. THanks for sharing. Hope you guys are doing great! Your little London is to die for! She is practically perfect in EVERY way.

Erin said...

I've been reading the Sullenger's blog, too. And, I agree. My heart breaks for them... I cannot even imagine losing Kenley or Ash. I think I get teary everytime I read their blog... Love my sweet babies, and I too am so glad that I have them forever!

Erin said...

PS: I'm in your hometown this week. :)

jenna said...

i've been following that blog too. why i ask myself every time i read it?! i just panic and think of all the awful thigns that could happen to Q and vow to never let him out of my sight!

it reminds me so much of our heavenly father and what He must feel each day watching us wander around making stupid decisions and being in harms way.....just part of our great big plan and the refiner's fire. It overwhelms me and their story fills me with hope instead of fear. i know everything you are saying. becoming a mother has made me so much more patient with the people around me and i always think to myself, they have a mother! someone who loves them like i love quinn. i should treat them accordingly you know?!

anyway blah blah blah. i just totally get this and you. london is adorable coming to ca this weekend, i'm no pro but we'd love to see you...maybe snap a few pics?! :)

Ryan & Amanda said...

I love their blog, it makes me cry pretty much every time I read it, but somehow they are still so hopeful about everything. It breaks my heart thinking about what they are going through every single day without their little girl. It definitely makes you enjoy things more and there really is a bond with other parents, even if you don't know them! I love those pics of London, she is such a beautiful little girl!

Natalie♥ said...

I have been reading that blog as well and it has broke my heart over and over again!! I know we are so blessed to have forever families. Your little London is a dolly I just love looking at her cute pictures.

Genessa said...

I love there blog also. My little sister's friends worked for her at the snow shack. They are two amazing people that have grown so much from this trial. Losing a child is one of my greatest fears.

London is so adorable. She just gets cuter and cuter if that is possible. You guys are such cute parents.

Katie!! said...

you seriously took the words straight out of my mouth!! it has been such a blessing to read the sullenger's blog and more fully realize the realness of eternal families. london is the cutest and you two are the cutest parents!

Holly said...

Kate... love you. sweet friend. I have been following their blog as well. It's so true. Every moment is a blessing! I love watching you be a mamma! You are the cutest ever! I did call you the other day, I'm wanting to order a headband from ya! ;) I'll get with you, I keep thinking I'll call again but when I think of it, it's too late with the time difference. ANd stop it! I need to squeeze London she is edible Kate!