Friday, March 5, 2010

birthday, crafts, st.george

Miss MAYA turns 2!!
love this girly squirrel. 
i ask her to smile for the camera.. and this cheeser is what i get. 
i love it. she kills me. 


What have i been up to??? 
i thought you'd never ask.
i've had a bit of time on my hands lately.. 
so i've been..

crochet'n a few new born hats...
 this one is all ready to take to the hospital the day she is born :)


sew'n a few rag quilts...


bling'n out a few paci's 

... and of coarse making holders for the paci's... 

crocheting a few flowers to go on hats, use as broaches, put on purses....
and whatever else needs a little spice

i had a cute little old lady poke holes in a couple of receiving blankets and then I crocheted the edges
... she also did bibs and burp rags for me.. 

ROAD TRIP 
with jeremy's parents to 
ST.GEORGE..
we headed out last weekend to catch a little warmth.. and weren't disappointed.
gosh i could get use to that weather in the winter!

playing tennis outside, at night, in february..
gotta love it.
(don't judge my form.. i'm 7 months pregs..  
 i'm still working on an excuse to use when i'm not pregnant anymore)

We rented a condo for a few days, 
had so much fun with Lance & Nancy!
we love you guys!! 

have i mentioned i love my friend? 

Nancy & I outside Brigham Young's winter home

Jeremy & his parents

Update on this cute person:
he got his LSAT score back, and did better than he was even expecting
(better than he did on any of his practice tests)  
 :)  
takes so much pressure off where he wants to get in to school.
so.. he has applied to about 8 schools and we will find out probably in a month to a month and a half where we will be. I can't wait to know and start this new huge adventure. 
so so so proud of him.

and a BABY GIRL update..
we had an appointment at 30 weeks, and my stomach was measuring about 2 weeks behind so the dr wanted to do an ultrasound to measure her from the inside.. 
i'm not going to lie.. before the ultrasound i was pretty bummed out.. no one wants to move their due date back 2 weeks right?! even 1 day makes a difference at this point, agreed? 
luckily.. she measured within 1 day of my due date and everything looks fabulous :) she weighs over 3 lbs!  so we are right on track to have this little girl the beginning of may!! coming so soon! and its a good thing its not too terribly much longer, or i think jeremy would disown me because of my complaints and whines about my back hurting constantly
 ... lets be honest.. pregnancy is not easy on the woman OR the man!   what a trooper i am married to!
she moves so much and so violently that it wakes me up at night.. and she has hiccups at least 1x a day (she had them while we were doing the US also, crazy)  
we are in love with her already. 

how much am i loving this 40 degree weather?!
only us Idahoans could appreciate 40 degrees right?
oh how i am ready for spring!!  

here's to bringing on the sunshine and warmth!! 
:)

22 comments:

Jessica said...

Look at you! What fun stuff you made for your baby girl. I love it!!

Oh, I'm excited to see pictures of the babe. She's going to be adorable. These baby girls are so much fun!

Camille said...

Good grief, girl! You are quite the domestikate (haha, I'm so funny)! Fun, fun stuff. Your little girly has no choice but to be stylish right from the beginning! Can't wait to see her!

SueAnn said...

I love all the CUTE things you made!!! So much talent!! :)

Judy said...

Hey I was in St George to. It was beautiful..... A fun get away! Glad baby girl is growing like a weed!!!!

Hay and J said...

You have made some adorable stuff! It looks like you are ready for that pretty little girl!

Katie!! said...

cuuute flowers!!! i can't wait for baby call to make her debut!!

congrats to jeremy on his lsat!

Russ and Kristen said...

What super cute stuff you've been making! I want one of those little hats with the cute flower on it! :) How fun! I'm glad you had fun in St. George, it's like a second home to us! :) Yay for babies!!

Cassi said...

Ok, you've been holding out on me! You need to teach me how to do all these cute baby crafts over the summer!!! They are adorable! Great job on them!

Ryan,Erika,Kaylee and Khloe Pettersson said...

looks like you are all ready for her!! I can't wait to see pictures of her so soon! Hope everything works out with schools and you'll end up where you want. Miss you

Editt said...

Wow! Now I want a little girl. Blingin' up Paci's looks fun. Awesome job. Tell your husband congrats. Where is he applying? Tell him UT at Austin is a great place to go :D (although I don't know if we'll be here anymore)

VicandNanc said...

Ha! you are so adorable. I would have never thought to doll up hats, binky's & binky strings. Boys are just too easy because there isn't much to have to doll up... or am I wrong?! Let me know, I'd love to carry it out! Your crocheted stuff just makes me want to become so domestic! I have been spoiled though because I just told my mother-in-law what I wanted & she made me the most adorable crocheted blankets. Then ladies in our ward made us cute booties & hats. One lady just made me a pair of crocheted booties that look like Ugg boots. You'll have to find a pattern for that, they are adorable! Look at me, I am making the longest comment ever, but seriously I could talk baby talk for hours!!!
Okay, just one more thing... you need to find a pattern for the wrap blankets that have velcro on them so that you can have the perfect swaddle without your baby wiggling out of it. Those are my absolute favorite. They say babies only like them up to 8 weeks, but Tommy still sleeps better at night with his at 2 1/2 months.... okay record comment for me, sorry!

Mandy said...

YAY for the up dates and a double YAY for not having to go anther 2 wks before getting to see baby!

CAN I SAY ADORABLE crafts you've been doing!! GEEEEZZZ I've gotta learn how to do some of that.

Heidi Bitsch said...

Oh my gosh! How cute are those little projects you've been working on?! Can't wait to see how cute your little girl is going to be. She's already got a head start on cute accessories. :)

Mike,Shar,Ryan,Rex said...

Congratulations on the LSAT, that is so nice to have out of the way! Your baby girl is going to have so many cute things! With all those hats and pacifiers and blankets! Very fun!! Hope all is well with you!

Anonymous said...

you are so talented!!! I love it

The Brendles said...

Love all the CUTE things you have been working on for your little baby girl. I never would have thought to BLING out a binkie, how fun!! I will have to keep that one in mind, if I ever have a girl, haha :)

Wendi Oyler said...

I LOVE your hats and pacifiers. My neighbor is having a girl and doesn't need clothes so I have been racking my brain on what to get her. I can't crochet so I was wondering if you have any time if you could crochet me a cute hat with a flower. I will pay you for it!! If you don't have time, seriously don't worry about it. I also copied your idea about blinging out the pacifiers. I can't wait to someday hopefully have a girl. You are so cute and I'm sure you baby girl will be the most stylish baby ever!

Meradith said...

Kate you are freaking insanely talented! I love all that stuff you are making! You need to start selling it on your blog so I can buy some!! I'm really not kidding at all, I will be your most loyal customer.

Yay I'm glad baby girl is right on track! It's getting so close. She will be here before you even know it. SO exciting!

And congrats to Jeremy!! What a hard worker. You must be proud.

I need to see you! Any Utah plans coming up?!

Andrew and Shandee said...

Soooo cute. Wow you are amazingly talented!

Amber said...

Kate! Tell me how to make all that fun stuff! You are so talented girl! Your baby girl is going to be rockin all these cute outfits!

Unknown said...

I love that picture with you and Jeremy hugging, you can just see how in love you two are, I love it! Those little hats and flowers are too adorable!!! Would you do me a HUGE favor and let me know how you make them (if there is a website or where you can learn how to make them). My email is heydarlyn@hotmail.com or you can post it on my blog, if you don't mind. Seriously their too cute!!!

Nicole said...

Oh man I miss Mexico! I just looked at all your pics! It was way fun to hang out with you guys. Looks like you are getting ready for that little babe. Way cute stuff! You are awesome!