Monday, November 30, 2009

its a ...

GIRL!!!

oh boy.. we couldn't be more excited. except we would have been as excited either way.. its just SO RIDICULOUSLY fun to find out and to know. makes it feel so so REAL.
the tech told us she couldn't "guarantee" the gender at 17 1/2 weeks.. but that she has only been wrong 1 time in 6 years, and that she would "definitely" say its a girl. and after seeing the ultrasound and the pictures.. we are VERY confident 
we are having a little girlfriend.
let the shopping begin! 

during the ultrasound we saw HER
*suck on the back of her hand
*cross her feet
*open and close her mouth so wide
*rub her eyes
and heard the heartbeat again

oh my emotions today have been off the charts. 
first, i was SO nervous for some reason to go and find out what we were having.. i know that sounds so silly, because we had NO preference with gender, but i think it was just the reality of knowing if WE were going to have a SON or DAUGHTER. just that sentence alone is so overwhelming.. yet the most exciting thing in the world. 
so palms sweating, we got there.. and heard her tell us it was a girl, i was beyond excited.. and when i get excited mixed with a little bit of nerves.. i laugh (and if you have heard or seen me laugh.. you know its not a petite/quiet giggle).. so you can imagine the ultrasound techs job at this point.. her hand, the wand, and my stomach rapidly bouncing uncontrollably.. making it impossible to see anything on the ultrasound between my "episodes". out of control. one of the greatest experiences of my life though.
after, to celebrate, we went to the SANDWICH TREE (Divine! a huge addiction of mine these days)
while we were there, i looked up at jeremy, and something just hit me.. emotion overload! i buried my deformed crying face in his neck and bawled my eyes out 
(no, we were not the only ones in the restaurant.. what a treat for those spectators!) 
and although many times in my life he has looked at me while i cry for NUMEROUS reasons... sometimes NO reason at all... and i know he wonders what kind of psychotic creature has taken over my face and body... 
he didn't this time. 
he just understood.
he felt it too. 
filled with gratitude, anxiety, excitement, and too many more emotions to put in words about this new stage in our life.
just something that you "feel" together. LOVE those moments.. they don't happen enough between a man and woman do they?! 
priceless. something i will never forget.
what a perfect day. one i will always remember and will record so SHE will know how we felt because of HER.
i love my husband, and couldn't feel more grateful to be able to share this life with him, have and raise children with him, and most importantly be with him, our children, and our families for eternity. what a peaceful, comforting feeling. 


it was a wonderful thanksgiving. 
too blessed and grateful to even put into words.
hope it was the same for all of you.

25 comments:

Ryan & Amanda said...

It really is such a wonderful feeling, and I think those moments will happen more frequently because she is the first thing that is from both of you that you created together. Having a baby brings you so much closer as a husband and wife, there are moments that truly only the two of you understand and it is amazing! Love you girl, I'm soo happy for you, and that little lady is so luck to have you for her mama! I think it is great to record your feelings so she can know how you were feeling! I love my little lady, (I know I'd love my little man too) she really brings us soo much joy, can't wait for you to meet yours!

BTO said...

i am absolutely excited for both of you. Wow a girl, i hope she marries Carter.

Mike, Sha, Kenna, Kate, & Garrett said...

I love little girls!! You will have so much fun dolling her up, can't wait to see the little thing. So happy for you guys!

Judy said...

K.....make my bawl!!!!! I am so excited for you. Thanks for sharing your emotions. I remember that day so well.....they told us we would never have kids, so you can imagine my joy when COLE came along.....love that girl! :} OH CONGRATS!

The Beebes said...

Congratulations! Girls are SO fun!So excited for you!

Britney O'Connor said...

That is SOOOO wonderful! I can't wait for Aaron and I to be able to go through this- such a great experience! :) Yay for big bows and tutus!

Ashley said...

OH I just love little girls! I am so happy for you both. And I totally love to read about your emotions, and your friendship with your husband, and the excitement of starting a family together! It's intoxicating. The best in the world. Daddy's are so great with little girls, it's so fun to see these tough men melt into nothing for their little sweethearts. Oh, I just want to cry with you. Congrats. You are such a beautiful person inside and out, and you will make such a wonderful Mommy! Can't wait to hear more about this truly amazing experience!!! Continue to enjoy it.

bb,tonya and cam... said...

oh congrats! it just feels so much more real from here on out so be excited! We are so happy for you both and know you will make the most fantastic little parents! GOOD LUCK!

Bon said...

That is awesome! Congrats! It is the best thing in the world to be preggers and to start a family! Enjoy every minute of it!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations!! I am just so excited for you guys. And I COMPLETELY I understand your nervous feelings for your appointment. I am feeling the same way. I go in three weeks and I'm nervous. And the first time we had an ultrasound I laughed too ha ha. I have the same reaction with excitement. I was trying to hold still so we could see the baby. I'm just so happy for you guys, and I am so excited for when I get to see what we're having. This is a great post to hold onto for your records!

SueAnn said...

That is so exciting! Girls are so much fun, a little more dramatic... but fun!!! Being a parent is an amazing experience!

the Petterson Family said...

OH Katie! YOu explained the emotions so well!

We out we were having a girl at 17 weeks as well...so I'd be pretty confident that she's a she!

Rachelle said...

How thrilling! I am so happy for you. There is nothing more heavenly than becoming parents. I completely agree, those are the moments we live for. Just wait until she is here... it is such an incredible experience that is uniquely yours as a couple. I love reading about your experiences and thoughts. I can't wait to see pictures of her!

Ashley and Paul Giddings said...

You are way too cute! You think today was amazing...wait til you give birth to this little one and get to hold her for the first time and see what you and your husband created together! Words CANNOT even begin to express the love and emotions you will feel then! So excited for you again! Congrats my dear!

nicole said...

yay, yay Yay!! I'm sooooo excited for you! Have you decided on a name yet, because Nicole is a great one! j/k CONGRATS!!!!!!!!

Mike,Shar,Ryan,Rex said...

So excited for you guys! What a fun addition to add to your family, you will be great parents!

Amber said...

Congratulations!! And don't worry I'm the same way when it comes to emotions. My poor husband ha ha. I'm a little sensitive and emotional, but what can you do? Anyway congrats! So happy for you guys!

Unknown said...

Congrats! You're not alone in the emotional outburst arena...remeber school and me pregnant? not a good combo. i'm just glad your tears were tears of joy. What a fun time you'll have w/this little gal!! can't wait to meet her!!
jenn

Wendi Oyler said...

Yea! Congrats on a girl! Definitely let the shopping begin, they have the cutest girl outfits. It is not nearly as fun shopping for boys. That may be why I have some cute girl dresses stashed in the guest room closet that Tim doesn't know about yet.

Court and Brade said...

congrats to you guys! as i was reading your post, i just FELT everything you were saying.. because i remember THOSE moments that i had exactly a year ago.... it is such an amazing time and such a cool thing to go through with your husband huh. oh... it makes me miss pregnancy a little, sounds crazy right?? but it's true. what an amazing thing. and it's so awesome to find out the gender... it DOES make it feel so must more real huh! ... and it JUST GETS BETTER!!! have fun preppin for this little gal!!! bring on the girly stuff and all the accessories that come with a girl :) happy for you guys. .. sorry for the novel!

Jessica said...

I love your post & am so happy you're have a baby girl. I love having my girls. Kids most certainly change you & your relationship. What a blessing it is.

Hay and J said...

Wow katie you totally made me cry! I'm so excited for you two! I can't wait to feel that feeling of unconditional love for a child! She is going to be sooo cute!

Mandy said...

There is NO shame of the emotional happiness you are feeling. I want to cry right along with you while reading your amazing comments. You are SO going to make a wonderful mother. I just LOVE you and am so EXCITED for you and your hubby.

crystal carlson said...

Congrats! That is so exciting! Girls look like so much fun! You'll have to let us know of names you're thinking of!

MommyJo said...

Congrats!!!! Girls are SO much fun!!! (boys are too) but there is SO MUCH fun stuff to buy for girls and dress them up and the list goes on and on!! It is really special how much closer it brings you together when you are having a baby! Husbands begin to see their wives in a new way... they are amazed by the growth that comes with becoming a mother (and not just physical growth) ;) Congrats on this special experience you get to share together! After I had Caitlyn, Dave would just look at me and say "WOW!!! You're one tough woman!!!" He was amazed at the stregnth I had! It is fun to feel that strength and spiritual power and love as a wife, mother, and woman! :) GOOD LUCK over the next few months!!!!! :)