Thursday, February 4, 2010

how great are "true" friends?!
priceless.
they just don't come around often enough do they?!
 ... you know the kind that you don't have to see very often, but then when you do everything feels like "home". 
thats how i feel about these two cute girls... 
my two best friends from high school.
i have known holl & have been besties with her since kindergarden
 (even if a few other girls tried to claim her "best friend" title from time to time along the way. ha)
and then i met cole our sophomore year.. and i immediately felt like I had known her all my life. 
the three of us were inseparable..
 
and looking back its funny we found each other and stuck together.. because we didn't have to terribly much in common. all ends of the spectrum really. 
(well, according to what defines you as a person in "high school" anyway!)
holl was always a cheerleader
cole was a dancer
and i played sports
 but maybe that's why it worked.. and has always worked. different enough there has never been competition.. but very similar when it comes to the truly important aspects of life.
whatever it is.. i'm so incredibly grateful to call these cute girls...
"my girls"
happy 27 cole
so glad we got to spend part of your birthday with you!
love you!
(cole, me, holl)


Cole's mom, Judy, has always been "MOM" to all us girls... we just love her.
fun to see you today judy.. 
and my statement from when i was 16 still stands about your candy drawer..
"i don't ever want to see this thing empty again!!!"


some of my FAV pictures of the three of us..
(i stole them from your blog judy :) thanks)
we were sophomores here
(cole driving, me in the middle, and holly on the back)

aren't we such natural beauties gazing off in various directions ?!
.. this picture is proof enough of why we couldn't keep the guys away.
gosh we're hot

love you girls.

13 comments:

Kelie Scott said...

Too funny I love the mud. You guys crack me up

Ashley said...

I love it! Funny how some friends come and go, and then there are those that, like you say, you don't see forever, and yet when your together again, everything falls back in to place like you were just together yesterday. You girls are TOO CUTE!

Mandy said...

I love to hear of "true" friendships and am so glad you have that....I think it's SO important. Love the adorable pic. of the three of you all dressed up for a dinner date. I will say that the mudding one is my fav. total fun!

Judy said...

Yip! You have me bawling right now. I am soooooo blessed to have had the 3 of you girls in my life and to be able to still keep in touch. I have always loved how you and Hol made (and make) me feel. You have no idea of the appreciation I have for you and Hol and your friendship with Cole. You stepped into her life at a low point and it was an answer to my prayers. Leaving her friends in Pheonix was the hardest ever, but you and Hol were there. You are always there.....just a phone call or comment away and I cherish that. I LOVED yesterday! I had a huge smile on my face all day and it was fun to see Cole have such a great day. I am so excited to be a granny again (ya know, Holly has 2 of my grand babes) So I am excited for #3! I am so proud of the 3 of you girls. I love how you live your lives. I have loved watching you all grow into beautiful, responsible women. I know my Heavenly Father loves me because you girls are such a blessing to me! Love you!

Holly said...

Awww Bitty! Sure love you guys. You have me tearin' up too! What a fun lunch it was! We need to do it MORE! I am truly blessed to have two of the most beautiful girls in the world as my BFF's. Love you both! And mom too!!!

Amber said...

Oh I totally know what you mean about great friends. I loved all my girls in high school. And 2 of them were the little sisters of your 2 buddies! That's so funny! We did some crazy things back then. Yay for friends!! And I love those pics. Yes you guys are pretty hot!

Unknown said...

How fun! It is a great feeling to have those friends that you can always count on, even if you don't see them very often. And I love that two of my close high school buds are the younger sisters of your two buds! So fun. Cute pictures!

Unknown said...

True friends really are rare things. I love those pictures they really say it all!

Anonymous said...

Too many memories of the 3 of you to even name. I love that you are all still so close! I always thought the 3 of to be amazing girls in high school and now you have blossomed into even greater women. Haha, cheesy but true. Here's to long lasting girl power!

Shan

Anonymous said...

PS I just have to tell you, my very first memory of you 3 when I came to BHS was of your bubble backpacks, lol. Do you remember those junior year? I thought they were SO cool!

VicandNanc said...

You guys all look great! ...and TAN! How are you that tan & prego?!? And yes, gotta LOVE those special friends.

Hanna in the Hizzzouse.. said...

I laughed so hard at the last pic! So cute girls, and I hope that Cole had a fantastic B-Day!

Meradith said...

So cute! Those pics are adorable. Girlfriends are the best. Especially the ones who have known you forever. Cute cute post.

I laughed out loud when I read your comment on my post about quotation marks! you rock my world Kate!