Sunday, April 26, 2009

COUG GRAD ...and new adventures!


Germ germany germ germany germ.. germ.. germ, geru!

Graduated from BYU this past week.. and I couldn't be more proud of this cute person. We have had so much fun in Provo.. but are ready and excited to move on to a different phase in our life... and I'll keep you updated when I'm updated on that next phase ;) .. only partly kidding...

Jeremy plans to start his MBA in the fall, as well as, pursue some business ideas at the same time. We said goodbye to Utah pretty permanently, and are hoping to end up in North Carolina for a couple of years starting in the fall.. and couldn't be MORE excited about it! We lived in NC for a few months right after we got married and it was GORGEOUS.

We are SO excited about living in new places and meeting new friends (although we will miss our Utahans! .. especially those at Jeppson Dental!!)

Yes, sad about being far away from family.. but they have ALL promised to come visit, and I'm one persistent lil bugger.. so I'll get em all here! .... and you all know how we CRAVE visitors.. so get your trip planned whether it is to Indianapolis this summer or North Carolina in the fall!




Try and tell me this isn't the yummiest-faced coug grad you have ever seen!

Congrats person of mine, so proud. Love, Luff, Luv you.

After we had Jer's little graduation celebration, I asked him what he wanted to do.. and this is what he chose... to shoot hoops and act like morons at a park right by our house. We played 1 on 1 and horse FOREVER.. and for the lack of time.. if you really want to know who won horse, leave me a comment and I'll get back to ya. ha.





Jeremy couldn't come to Idaho falls with me last weekend bc he was finishing up some finals, but I went to get our car fixed and to kinda say goodbye to my fav people. It was so refreshing to be with them.. and to be able to be OUTSIDE the whole time... making tinfoil dinner.. playing tennis..having josh try on my one piece Christmas jammies...and a little 4-wheel'n... and of coarse squeezing and smothering my sweetest nieces and nephews!





And we're off!!

On our way to live in INDIANA for the summer, where Jeremy will be selling home security,... we stopped in

NAUVOO.

What an amazing, humbling, and sacred experience. I wish I could put into words the feelings and thoughts that were going through my mind and heart just being in that sacred place, and being next to that incredible temple! Jeremy and I both had tears in our eyes pretty much our entire stay in nauvoo. The town has not been very modernized and I think that was the neatest part about it... we could almost imagine what it was like as the original temple was being built. Although, I can't even imagine the pain and heartache the saints endured through that grueling time. The statue of Joseph and Hyrum on their horses looking toward the temple was a powerful reminder of what they endured for the members of the church then, and all of us now. My testimony of Joseph Smith and the restored Gospel was renewed and strengthened tremendously after this experience. Its a "MUST SEE" place to visit.
NEXT... we stopped in

CHICAGO!

Shopping central! Oh my good heck... that place is GINORMOUS! I have always wanted to go to Chicago, and now I know why! We ate at Gino's East.. known for its chicago style deep dish pizza... OMGOSH!!!!!!!!! Pretty sure that is the 8th world wonder. Ridiculously good, and well worth the hour and half wait... plus... you can write all over the walls while you wait!
It rained SO very much the day we were there, so Jeremy was on the verge of depression meds because the Cubs game was cancelled, poor guy. We'll def be back for a game and some more shopping.. and hopefully OPRAH!




We made it to Indy.. and are SO excited to be here.
We took a long drive today to get associated with our summer homeland. It was a beautiful day, and its so GREEN and beautiful here. We both love visiting and being in new places, so we are so so excited about our little 4-5 month stay in Indianapolis. We feel so blessed just to have each other, as cheesehead as that sounds. As I was sitting here thinking today about how different it will be not going back to Utah in the fall.. I just got a peaceful feeling when thinking that it really doesn't matter where we go.. because it will be together, and I'll always have my friend with me. WOW.. are you sick yet? .... please don't stop reading/visiting my blog because of that sappy comment, I'll keep it clean from here on out (for the most part).

We love all of you and feel so grateful for great friends, and AMAZING families. Come see us!







24 comments:

Emily said...

Shut up! U went to pizzeria UNO??? Isn't it the best!!?? I love Chicago. We are going in November, if I get tickets to oprah, will u come??? We live a few hours from u!!! We should try to meet somewhere in the middle!!! Or you could cone see me!!! Please!!! Congrats jeremy!

Chelsi said...

Glad to hear you made it safely... miss you already, but I know I'll get to see you real soon! Can't wait to come and visit. You are going to have to post more since I won't get to see you as much. We played Spades last night with some friends, but it just wasn't the same without you guys! Luv you friend. Call me!!

Erin said...

Katie... you are so cute! I so would love to live your life. I want an adventure so bad! I want to go somewhere new and try it out for awhile, so I'm totally jealous that you're getting to do that! Lucky lucky.

Leah Stallings Fine Art Photography said...

Congrats and good luck! That is so fun that you two get to travel and live in fun different places! Keep us posted on all of your happenings!

Unknown said...

Congratulations Jeremy, that is so exciting! You guys will do great no matter where you are! I absolutely loved visiting Nauvoo too, it really is one place you have to visit in your life time. Going on to bigger and greater things now, good luck!

Ashley said...

Good luck, and congrats. I think that you have a lot of fun and exciting things ahead of you. And as cheesy as you thought it sounded...it didn't...it was sweet, and your right. Having each other is everything. Enjoy your summer!

Amber said...

Congratulations Jeremy!!! Good luck to you guys! I love your little activites you do. Sounds like Che and I. Acting like moronos haha. I just love it. You guys enjoy yourselves and good luck to ya! Love you guys!

jenna said...

here we go again :) congrats jeremy!!!

Holly said...

Look at all the fun you are having already! So glad you guys made it safe! If I can ever get a hold of Cole... we'll be plannin' our trip! :) Congrats to Germ! Such a big accomplishment!

canihavethisdance said...

Congratulations to Jeremy! You have a lot of great adventures ahead of you. We love Nauvoo too!
We will miss seeing you at Jeppson Dental!
Diane Smith

christine said...

Not sure you know who I am, but this is Christine Dennett from good 'ole Bonneville. I was a year older than Lacie and played bball with her. I am also in Chris' ward and see him all the time cause I'm in the Primary Presidency and he is our counselor. Anyway, I love checking your blog. You are absolutely adorable, and I love to read what your write. Hilarious! You and your hubby have got to be the most gorgeous couple I've ever seen. I seriously think you should model together and do couple ads for designers! Anyways, congratulations on the new phase in your life. It sounds like you've been able to do so many fun things together. Hope you don't mind me checking in; I've always thought you Huls girls are amazing and I tell Chris all the time that he has the most beautiful sisters ever!!!! Have a fun summer!

C.B. said...

Nauvoo is amazing. I want to serve a couples mission there when my hubby and I are old.

Next year if you go to Indiana again we just might be there for grad school. That would be awesome.

Neal and Angie said...

Congrats to Jeremy! You guys are always in an adventure! How exciting!

Judy said...

I love to read about your life. You are so fun! You make me smile. I hope all goes well for you and Germ!!!!! I love ya kiddo!!!!

Heidi Bitsch said...

Seriously, you are too cute! Congrats on your hubby's graduation and good luck with all your fun and exciting adventures!

Hanna in the Hizzzouse.. said...

CONGRATS GERM, what a feat!!! I am so glad that you are having so much fun. I think that I would be so sad to live far away from family, but I would love to travel to all of those places. It sounds like everyone is going to miss you way too much!
I wish I could have talked to you when you came to our church. You looked so cute as always. I had to laugh at how many times Jeremy took your nephews out, haha.
Keep the posts coming!

Lance and Nancy said...

Katie - I miss you. By the way, check out our blog. I am just starting it and I have a way to go, but you and LaNae inspired me to just get started and do it. Love you lots!!!

Shelley said...

You guys are so cutsie! :) Congrats on graduating Jeremy! SOunds like you two have a lot of fun adventures ahead of you. What an exciting time! Enjoy them! Before you know it you'll be settled with little Call's running around and You'll look back with such fond memories on your "Adventerous" alone time.

Unknown said...

Have I told you lately how much I love your posts! Love them! Congrats to the hubby for graduating. Definitely the best looking cougar grad I've ever seen! ha ha (Tyson graduated from BYU-I and Easter Washington or I'd say it was him ha ha) I'm glad you guys got moved and had a great time on the way! Chicago pizza...the best! And don't worry, I was agreeing with you the whole time about how wonderful it is to be with your husband and always have him. It definitely helps in tough situations knowing that you'll always have each other. Keep writing the sappy stuff, I love it!

Mandy said...

Yay for all the new fun stuff going on in you and "Germs" lives. Now yur in my neck o' the woods lady. HA!! Wouldn't it be GREAT to meet up sometime?! Perhaps for a little girls retreat in Chicago to see Oprah.....sounds good enough for me.

XOXO

Mike,Shar,Ryan,Rex said...

Congratulations to Jeremy! It is so nice when everyone is done with school! I am sad that we didn't get together before you left, but I am glad that we both have blogs to keep in touch. You are so awesome Katie I will miss you!

Hillary said...

We will miss you for sure at Jeppson Dental,but we are excited for your adventure. Thanks for your friendship. Keep us posted Hill

Bon said...

Wow! Tons has been happening for you and your hubby! Congrats to him on his graduation1 You two are a gorgeous couple. Wish ya the best of luck this summer! Keep us posted to where life takes you to next!

Jenn said...

So fun! I'm so happy for you guys! Get some babies here already wouldja! ;)